• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush size defaults to 25

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try changing the size of any tool such as the brush, eraser, smudge, blur, etc; the size defaults to 25 if I click the slider more than once in quick succession. A slow double click if you will.

This is very annoying as someone that uses a pen, since this happens frequently.

Please direct me to how I turn this feature off, I don't understand why it's even on by default to begin with.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

That's right - double click on slider resetting the brush size.

When using a pen, I very rarely access the brush panel for resizing, it is much more convenient to do this by holding down alt on the keyboard and the "left mouse" button on the pen itself. Move up and down to adjust the hardness of the brush, move to the right or left to adjust the size of the brush:

Запись_2023_03_05_18_20_02_626.gif

If you need to specify the exact size of the brush and you cannot control double taps with the pen enough, then I recommend setti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right - double click on slider resetting the brush size.

When using a pen, I very rarely access the brush panel for resizing, it is much more convenient to do this by holding down alt on the keyboard and the "left mouse" button on the pen itself. Move up and down to adjust the hardness of the brush, move to the right or left to adjust the size of the brush:

Запись_2023_03_05_18_20_02_626.gif

If you need to specify the exact size of the brush and you cannot control double taps with the pen enough, then I recommend setting the position of the size slider not by clicking on the desired position, but by moving it (that is, press the pen and drag the slider to the desired position)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should only happen when you double click above the slider (between the "Size:" label and the EditText with a diameter, i.e. when the cursor is a hand with arrows).

If this happens when you click directly on the slider itself or below it, then this is most likely a bug in your version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

set brush size to 25px.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I select the slider more than once quickly in succession when trying to change the size of any tool, such as the brush, eraser, smudge, blur, etc., the size always defaults to 25. Imagine a sluggish double click.

As someone who uses a pen, this is very irritating because it occurs frequently.

I don't know why this function is even on by default, so please show me how to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines