• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool sizing issue

Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where the brush size (when painted onto the canvas) isn't matching the brush size that I've defined in the Brush panel. I've been using Photoshop for decades, and I thought "I'll just increase the brush hardness."  But the issue persists. I've tried changing brushes, but it doesn't matter which brush I choose, the pixels it lays down is always about 20% smaller than what I've specififed.

Granted, I don't have a ton of experience using brushes in a creative sense, but up until today, I've always been able to paint a circle in the size that I specify.  What am I missing? 

I am running PS 25.7.0 on Mac OS 13.6.6

oIMG_9711.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

What is your System Settings > Accessibility > Display > Pointer setting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your System Settings > Accessibility > Display > Pointer setting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! I had my pointer setting one tick higher than normal. Thank you so much!

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.27.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re welcome. 

This problem has come up a couple of times on the Forum before; I suppose it would be desirable for Photoshop to disregard the setting for certain tools but I am frankly not sure how easy that would be. 

You could post a Feature Request (mark it »Idea«) or a Bug Report (»Bug«) – if you feel more strongly about the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines