• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush when using clone tool

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am using the clone tool, and change the brush settings, PS selects the smudge tool. If I click on the clone tool, the brush goes back to the previous setting?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Brushes, Options Bar, …) visible?

Has the Brush in question been created with »Include Tool Settings«?

When you cmd-alt-click the brush with the Clone Stamp Tool selected do the Tool settings get overridden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When »Show Additional Preset Info« is checked for the Brushes Panel those small icons indicate which tool the individual brushes are linked to (if any).

brushAdditionalPresetInfo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which was a change I hate. I would really like to be able to choose the brush I like for any tool, as it was before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then cmd-alt-click the brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please consider this:

It is just an option to save Brushes with Tool Settings, one need not do so if one does not like the feature.

And if one uses brushes created by others then it was their choice, not Adobe’s, to use the feature.

One work-around to eliminate the setting in bulk is saving an atn-file, opening it in Photoshop CC2017, saving it from there again and loading that on CC219.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you can set up any brush shape in the brush settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem - I was clicking on what is a preset brush for the smudge tool. I thought it was just a brush setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned above you can have the Brushes Panel indicate which Brushes are Tool-specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines