• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

brush window--How is it supposed to look?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend and I are working on Photoshop projects together. We both have PS 2020. His brush panel looks different than mine. I am enclosing images of both brush panels. His shows Size and Tolerance at the bottom. Mine does not. Mine has a settings icon at the upper right-hand corner. His does not. Also, mine has a small square with a plus sign inside of it below the settings icon. When I hover over it it says, "Create a new preset from this brush." My friend does not have the square with the plus sign inside of it. I have tried to Google the answer. No success.

I am grateful for whatever help you can give me. Thank you very much.20200508_104202.jpg20200508_143940.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide screenshots in which the same tool is selected and the Toolbar is visible. 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with c_pfaffenbichler.  The Brush Tool and the Color Replacement Tool do not work the same way and do not have the same options.

jane-e_0-1589034868464.png

In addition to taking a screen shot (not a photo), you can now copy and paste into the Reply window. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. My friend had gone to the color replacement tool instead of the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 15.37.30.pngScreenshot 2020-05-09 at 15.37.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I do appreciate it. I did try to take a screenshot but then the window disappeared. However, I went to the website for which you provided the link and now I know how to take a screenshot without the window disappearing. You wrote, "Please provide screenshots in which the same tool is selected and the Toolbar is visible." I'm a bit confused as to what you meant; however, I now see that my friend had gone to the color replacement tool instead of the brush tool. That is what caused the problem.

Again, thank you so much. It was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools and settings

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you getting to such detailed settings? And thank you for responding.

Alan_Silberlight_0-1589046578215.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Options button in the upper right and turn on Brush Name, Stroke, and Tip. JJ has an arrow pointing to it in his screen shot.

jane-e_0-1589049559106.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but JJ's window is much larger and more detailed. Is there something I'm overlooking? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the bottom right corner resize the window

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines