• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSOD when opening photoshop cc 2015 (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to fix the problem for three days when opening photoshop cc 2015. I don't know if theres something wrong with photoshop cc 2015 or my computer or windows. But all I know is that it only happens when I open photoshop cc 2015 that BSOD occurs (Not any other application installed in my computer does this). Photoshop CC 2015 is updated, Windows is updated and my computer is updated but still I get BSOD. I don't know what to do now. Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Its rare to get a BSOD these days.  Does the information in the BSOD give you any clue.   Make Sure your Windows 10 system is up to date. By that I mean you have gone to the web site of all the manufactures of the hardware in you PC and install the latest device drivers for their products.  Start with your Display Adapter  Photoshop is making more uses of GPU these days.  AMD/ATI,  Nvidia and Intel all made new device drivers for Windows 10 for their adapters.  It you have a tablet, fancy mouse,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the exact same problem on Windows 10 Pro - open Photoshop, splash screen loads followed by BSOD.

No idea what to do here... I event went as far a reinstalling Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of dual graphics adapters in laptops!! Avoid the Intel HD if you have a better card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, dual gfx adapters save your money mate. I use GeForce only when I play games, for the rest Intel HD do its thing and I've never had problems before ... but in this case I also have problems with Photoshop on Windows 8.1 64 bit and GeForce occur this issue this time. Still have no solution for this 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafal Kaczmarek wrote:

Lol, dual gfx adapters save your money mate. I use GeForce only when I play games, for the rest Intel HD do its thing and I've never had problems before ... but in this case I also have problems with Photoshop on Windows 8.1 64 bit and GeForce occur this issue this time. Still have no solution for this 😕

How does it "save one money" when it creates problems in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking more about daily use for a couple of years, but its a fair point though 🙂 Intel HD consumes less energy when you use your laptop to check out what's going on the intetnet and stuff like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are on battery power and don't want to run it down as fast, then an energy saving card would make the difference. Never measured it myself though.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because of Nvidia graphic card driver, Im pretty sure of it because i uninstalled the driver and when i powered Photoshop the problem doesn't happened than i had downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia website to make sure that im getting the right driver but still have the problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is because of Nvidia, what i did to work by now (cause this needs to be fixed) was disable the graphic card using the admin; and it worked perfectly, no blue screens, or any alert; the advantage is that you don't need to uninstall, you just disable the card when you need to work, and the you reactivate it for gamming or anything else, but this is temporary, this needs to be fixed.Captura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i found the Solution, for my Lenovo Laptop, I removed the driver that i installed from Nvidia website and installed the driver from

lenovo website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been dealing with this problem for about a week. Tried everything on here and other forums. Nothing has worked. UNTIL NOW!!! uninstall your NVIDIA under device manager. Reintall NVIDIA 353.30 rather than the windows 10 most recent version. Link here

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers and the latest Photoshop update. The recommended temporary fix is:

Go to : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 >> Look for Sniffer.exe >> Move the file to Desktop

Launch Photoshop

After trying everything on this page, this worked - it simply stops PS using any graphics card.

(See also Photoshop CC, and Windows 10, and continual BSOD and [Windows 10 vs Photoshop CC] kernel security check failure error)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, you're right Updating PS to newer version doesn't work but when I moved this file from PS folder, everything is working fine. Thanks so much mate, even if it's a temporary treatment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another update to Photoshop that says that it fixes issues caused from the update that with impending BSOD. Can anyone confirm that this issue has been fixed with this new update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it stand now in my situation. 1. Photoshop works and my Nvidia accelerator card  latest drivers were the problem I rolled them back with this procedure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add that going to Edit Preferences Performance one can see the results of updating of any detected Graphics Card. I followed the advice of the Gent that was credited with the answer  That  was futile. I discovered where Photoshop allowed me to control Use Graphics Process as well as identified  my GeForce GTX Nvidia card. So latest Nvidia driver after getting into Photoshop from Lightroom's  Edit In Photoshop where I had no BSOD once It started Photoshop and I could use this Performance Preference to troubleshoot. Mouse into the Graphics Processor Settings area you will find what you are missing out on without one. With the latest Geforce GTX driver no Graphics Processor contradicting what the Help System Info... found in that regards. So much for the latest most correct answer.@ but....

"25. Re: BSOD when opening photoshop cc 2015 (Windows 10)

coryb71445099 Community Member coryb71445099 Jan 18, 2016 10:55 AM (in response to eddies59759082)

So I have been dealing with this problem for about a week. Tried everything on here and other forums. Nothing has worked. UNTIL NOW!!! uninstall your NVIDIA under device manager. Reintall NVIDIA 353.30 rather than the windows 10 most recent version. Link here

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL" reported this worked.

Play latest game update your Video Driver at the risk of what works for Photoshop at your own risk. I have set NVIDIA to update when I want it to not automatically.  Take note if you are having issuse and you suspect your NVIDIA  drivers. I started with trust in Photoshop and worked from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too. I was getting sick and tired of it so I just disabled the NVIDIA display driver. Now all my creative cloud applications work smooth and no BSOD. Until Windows 10 figures out how to make this driver better, I'll have it disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Yup, latest nvidia driver fixed that problem and no more blue screen!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the release date on that? I ended up rolling back to a November release driver to fix my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have GeForce GTX 850m / Driver version - 361.75 / Release date - 27.01.2016 on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the exact same problem with Geforce GTX 950m on Windows10 with the latest version of the drivers that were available on 09/01/2016 (donno version number).

Upgraded to version 361.91 that's available since yesterday and problem is gone now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confused because this problem. Sometimes, the problem will be back. But, after doing a couple of simple step, the problem is gone for good. Here is step by step I followed to solve this problem.

Hope this can help anyone who have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes very annoying video.  One with poor music without voice content  that tries show what other have poster in a form easier to understand.

The blue screen of death is going green for Windows testers

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks for your marking. I'll do my best in the next video. My purpose is just for helping each other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please if you make it a video please include and audio commentary so one can follow the video.  I'm guilty myself of not including audio in videos I have posted for using my Photoshop scripts.  Here look at one see if you can follow what you see.  I  know my script and how to use it feel they are easy to use. Still I think some will have to play the video many time to know what is going on. Many have never user Photoshop menu File>Scripts>ScriprName. Automatically Populate 911 Collage using a Photoshop Script

Leave out the music...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I am curious of those script. I am looking for that script to make me easier while printing a couple of photo.

Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines