Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw automation or macros?

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

since I usually work with a stack of modified smart object copies through an action, I was wondering if anyone may have found a way to make PS "remember" the actions performed in CR for each smart object? I already tried loading presets etc., but I guess CR is like an external "plugin" to PS in that regard.

In case this isn't doable period:

is there any way to add something like macros, buttons or so to perform a specific task in CR? Having to load presets hundreds of times every day (10 per image) is not very user friendly. If at least there were a keyboard shortcut for "load preset". Not a huge deal, but it adds up!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No tengo tu problema de carga de trabajo. He estado repasando las notas de Adobe y no encuentro nada relacionado con lo que tu planteas. De todos modos, Adobe finalmente recomienda este enlace que a lo mejor tiene alguna mejora para tu tarea:

https://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1655224

Sincronización de ediciones en Adobe Camera Raw

Por otra parte, recordarte, porque seguro que ya lo sabes, que los ajustes hechos a una imagen activa pueden añadirse a las que tengas seleccionadas en la tira de diapositivas.

Siento no poder ayudarte más

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Corniger 

Please clarify if you are working on raw image files in the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in (before Photoshop), then rendering them into Photoshop as smart objects (where the raw file in embedded into the document) – or are you working with non-raw camera files such as PSD, TIFF, JPEG etc. and are actually using the Camera Raw Filter (in Photoshop) on smart object layers? Although related, these two things are very different.

Also, please clarify what the actual smart object layers are/contain (screenshots may help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephen_A_Marsh sorry I got threads mixed up! Correcting now.
I open one RAW via LR as smart object in PS. Then I create new smart objects via copy and modify them, and that's where the actions fail - they don't reach into CR.
The layers are identical, just differently developed. So there's one overexposed, one underexposed and so on. When the action opens CR, it stops and I have to manually configure the settings or load preconfigured settings. 
I wish the action would also remember those settings, or that there were some snapshot buttons for, say, 10 favourite configurations that I could name instead of having to open the menu, clickig "load...", choosing the preset, clicking enter and then OK to be able to proceed with the stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are actually working on an embedded raw file, not a rendered file.

If you no longer need the raw data, then when it first comes in rasterize the layer, then create a smart object. The Camera Raw Filter as a smart filter on the rendered pixel data. Actions can record the CRF but not ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is to work with RAW data only.
So there is no way to get that to work with CR - then I'll try and post that, or the macro buttons, as a feature request (among 71787134895458628682598349508205687270 others)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then please do make an idea/feature request topic. ACR has a different workflow that is not rooted in the legacy action automation of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines