• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone tell me why I am not able to press alt and select an adjustment layer at the same time to

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to bring up the naming dialog box when I add an adjustment layer. I used to be able to hold down the alt key and then select an adjustment layer from the icons at the bottom of the panel. Now if I press alt and the adjustment layer icon, the menu for the adjustment layer won't open. Is there any way to fix this?

Thx in advance for any help you can give me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

This has actually been a bug on the windows side since photoshop cc 2014.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-cant-hold-alt-for-options-when-creating-a-new-adjustment-layer-from-the-layers-panel-with-left-click

You can get it to work from the Layers panel by right clicking on the New Adjustment Layer icon, holding down the mouse button while dragging to the desired Adjustment Layer and then releasing the mouse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still works, but from the Adjustment panel, not the layer panel. Not sure why it doesn't work the same way with both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Alt-click on the icons in this panel:  Window > Adjustments

Is this what you are doing?

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 7.32.49 PM.png

If it is, and it doesn't work, I would suggest an Preference reset.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much ... that works 🙂

Seems strange that it doesn't work with the icons at the bottom of the panel. I seem to remember it working with those. 

But anyway, as long as it works .. just makes it a lot easier to name and to clip (if necessary) at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has actually been a bug on the windows side since photoshop cc 2014.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-cant-hold-alt-for-options-when-c...

You can get it to work from the Layers panel by right clicking on the New Adjustment Layer icon, holding down the mouse button while dragging to the desired Adjustment Layer and then releasing the mouse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines