• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can automation plug-in gets error notification from Photoshop ?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Suppose I open the photoshop file(.psd) and font is missing in the layer. Photoshop shows error dialog box. Can automation plug-in get any kind of notification regarding this font missing in layer ?

I want to do some stuff if font is missing in the layer.

Any idea/logic ?

Thanks,

Amar

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if the warnings came back wouldn't it. That would be some major undertaking as Photoshop is not set up for that. We only give back the 'what we did' results or an error code now. And I don't think you can get the information from the text layers to see that they are displaying the yellow warning icon either.

You might try looking at the font in use for the text layer and comparing that to the known font list for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks Tom for the response and idea. I can now check whether the font used in text layer is present or not by checking in font list for photoshop.

Now I am stuck in another point: load font (saved in local folder) in the photoshop in runtime. Can we update the font list of the photoshop by automation plug-in ?

I can get font list from descriptor using "kfontListStr", update the lists like "keyFontName", "fontPostScriptName",  "fontFamilyName" and call

"sPSActionControl->Play(&result, eventSet, descSet, plugInDialogSilent);".

But at the moment its returning error code and I don't really know if these are enough to update font list in photoshop.

If this can't be done by automation plug-in then let me know some idea on how to solve loading font in photoshop in runtime.

Thanks,

Amar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines