• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Firefly Image 3 (preview) be used for commercial purposes?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I can't figure out the Generative Fill feature in Photoshop is it still beta?
Can it be used for commercial purposes?
My Photoshop is Photoshop v25.9.1

And my second question is can Firefly Image 3 (preview) be used for commercial purposes? And if you could tell me what date it went from beta to preview? I've been learning how it works for a while now and I just saw that there is a limit to what can be used for commercial purposes.
I looked in the images that I have generated and downloaded to see if there is information somewhere, when and with what version they were generated, but it is absolutely empty. It's not like a camera photo has full information.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but to be honest, even after reading it twice, it's not clear to me if I can use it in the current version (Firefly Image 3 (preview)) for commercial use.
I have read elsewhere that anything that is beta cannot be used for commercial use.
I visited one of the sites in the link you provided:
https://contentcredentials.org/
But I noticed that if the generated image is passed through Photoshop it doesn't show any data. And there is always something to improve on the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read elsewhere that anything that is beta cannot be used for commercial use.

By @sunnyfrog

That is true for Generative AI, not for "anything that is beta". Are you using the released version or the beta version of Photoshop?
https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms/adobe-gen-ai-user-guidelines.html

janee_0-1718195831248.png

8. Commercial Use

In general, you may use outputs from generative AI features commercially. However, if Adobe designates in the product or elsewhere that a beta version of a generative AI feature cannot be used commercially, then the generated outputs from that beta feature are for personal use only and cannot be used commercially.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply,
This is my photoshop version:  Photoshop v25.9.1. There was an update today.
I haven't downloaded a special version. But I see that there are tools for generation.
The images I generate have too many things to fix, especially if it involves precise geometry, like a star or a snowflake for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines