• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I import Pantone TPX color swatch library into Photoshop CC?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I import Pantone TPX color swatch library into Photoshop CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have that library in a form that Photoshop understands, then yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you own Pantone Color swatch books, register them and you get the Pantone Color Manager software (Mac or PC) free.

What it does is keep you up to date on the latest books and Exports them to Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Painter as tpx files to where your other color libraries are.

$50 standalone if you don't own their books. Pantone Color Manager Software with Library Integration

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 1.45.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene you keep surprising me with the stuff you know.  That post deserves _two_ that-a-boys.

patting_himself_on_the_back_md_clr.gifpatting_himself_on_the_back_md_clr.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a "close enough" pantone swatches that come with Photoshop CC if I don't want to buy the book or register with Pantone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how old your books can be to regiter them. Mine are way too old, and probably should be replaced anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see if you can still do it, but Pantone has also revised their books since you bought yours, and if you are still actively using them in your projects, might be a good idea to get new ones and take advantage of the free PCM offer. It's $50 otherwise.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just was looking at Pantone's site. Geez, I'd forgotten how much new books cost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines