• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I zoom in and out with shortcuts that don't move to zoom tool in PS CC 2019?

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcuts I've always used to zoom in and out no longer work. It seems that I have to hit "Z" and switch from my current tool to the Zoom tool. All ideas appreciated. Photoshop CC 2019 on a Mac running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Your Cmd +/- has stopped working? I am not having that problem. Have you taken any troubleshooting techniques to see if you can get it to work again? Re-start computer?  Re-set preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Cmd +/- has stopped working? I am not having that problem. Have you taken any troubleshooting techniques to see if you can get it to work again? Re-start computer?  Re-set preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'd quit Photoshop but hadn't restarted the computer, which solved the problem. For some reason, the direct selection tool kept coming up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange! Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I had the same issue for InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator CC 2019 (MacOS 10.14). Had the same thing yesterday too. Restarting the computer helped but it seems like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the same is true with Mojave. I can only upgrade one of my computers, but haven't. I haven't had the problem again (famous last words).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is true in Mojave as I discovered yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Zoom shortcuts broken for me in CC 2019.  I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit).  Control+Plus / Control+Minus don't do anything.  Have to use the Zoom tool plus the Alt key to zoom in/out.

Edit: This is a really weird bug.  It only happens when Photoshop is opened via the Lightroom "Edit In > Adobe Photoshop" command.  I cannot recreate it if I just open Photoshop manually first and *then* use send the photo from Lightroom (I'm using Lightroom CC 8.0 release Camera Raw 11.0 Build 1193777).

Oddly, this bug breaks more than the Zoom shortcut, I'm unable to add a mask to a layer by first making a selection using the Elliptical Marquee Tool and then clicking the "Add Layer mask" button in the Layers panel.

But I can do all of that just fine in Photoshop if I simply open Photoshop first on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines