• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not rotate canvas with hand tool

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's a coincidence, but since I recently updated Photoshop to version 23.5.0 I can no longer rotate the canvas with the hand-tool. I get the message: "Cannot execute your request because it only works with OpenGL-enabled document windows." But OpenGL is enabled (see picture) and my NVIDIA is up to date. 
Hopefully you know how I can fix this.
Thank you in advance for your response.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Gooie dag!

I would check if disabling rulers would change something, If it does, I'd then check how rulers are rendered in the preferences.

I do not have yet 23.5.0 on this very machine, so can't tell if the setting is still there, but, in Preferences/Technology Previews, I'd try to change the setting of "Enable Native Canvas Rulers" then restart.

I would also make sure that the graphic drivers are up to date. (and do prefer the studio to the gaming ones)

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooie dag!

I would check if disabling rulers would change something, If it does, I'd then check how rulers are rendered in the preferences.

I do not have yet 23.5.0 on this very machine, so can't tell if the setting is still there, but, in Preferences/Technology Previews, I'd try to change the setting of "Enable Native Canvas Rulers" then restart.

I would also make sure that the graphic drivers are up to date. (and do prefer the studio to the gaming ones)

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you please help me to solve my problem, I ve been tring to find answer for already a month, but nothing helps -  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/tool-changing-not-recognized-when-wor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thanks! You made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Which part of my answer did work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In  'Experimentele functies' ('Technology Previews'- I am, you knew it, Dutch) I activated/checked 'Native canvas deactiveren'.

Fijne dag verder!

Anneke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the setting that worked for me. Thank you!!!

OpenGL Setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LanderGraphics  I did that but the whole program started to run so slow that it's not a solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've escalated to a new post. "Lag Issue after v23.5 Update"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Did the 23.3 work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Did the 23.3 work for you?

By @LanderGraphics

Rotation Tool works fine in 23.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too, PS 23.5.0 Windows 10 the rotation tool doesn't work. Works fine till the previous version.

I tried to disable the technology Previews as described but without any result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines