• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change colors with paint brush

Explorer ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to touch up this old photo. Paint brush regardless of color chosen will only paint in various shades of peachy, clay kinda thing no matter what color I select it is always a shade of peach, clay. When using burn tool it burns with similar cast. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.1.2 20160113.r.355 2016/01/13:23:59:59 CL 1059143  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

The screen grab shows that you have applied at least three Adustment Layers. The settings for each of them affect what you then Brush into the Background Layer. i suggest you turn off the Adjustment Layers and check to see whether a color painted on the Background layer works normally. If it does add each Adjustment Layer back, one at a time, and test to see which is producing the result you have shown here. Also, post the full Layers panel and the original, unworked image.

Have you tried adding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

newtrouble.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen grab shows that you have applied at least three Adustment Layers. The settings for each of them affect what you then Brush into the Background Layer. i suggest you turn off the Adjustment Layers and check to see whether a color painted on the Background layer works normally. If it does add each Adjustment Layer back, one at a time, and test to see which is producing the result you have shown here. Also, post the full Layers panel and the original, unworked image.

Have you tried adding a blank layer and painting on that? Have you checked to see whether resetting the Brush tool has any effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

original.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each adjustment layer contributed to a shift in colors.
Thanks for the tip. I have only been at this a couple of months. My head is swimming from all the PS videos I have watched.

My error should be in a list of things not to do in PS.

Thanks agian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kid on bike.jpg

Stick with it, Jack. This version used only an Average command and Curves (no masks), but the Curves were in 3 different Modes, each Mode offering special advantages. (I wish I had opened the shadows more. Sorry about that. I will now leave it to you to eliminate the stains and do local correction. Good luck.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Norman thanks again for your help and opening up the image. After correcting the issue I had already finished the photo. Here is my version.13123022_10209199644769183_2811525031790993470_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines