• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't convert a psd to jpeg in cs6

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a jpeg image, it was all b&w and I used layers/curves to add color to certain parts of the pic. It saved as a psd automatically now I can't get it to convert so I can upload the image, I've looked up all kinds of things to try and it's not working. I'm not too advanced in photo shop so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

use your adobe account and create an account at photoshop.com as a suggestion to be able to upload psd files.  have you tried to upload the jpeg2000 file?  when you create your photoshop.com account provide a link to the uploaded file in this forum .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneybrannen12 wrote:

the one ending in JPEG is the one I edited on photoshop.com it was origianally named the .psd file but when I clicked EDIT under it a box popped up and it said can't edit the file in that format, photoshop will make a copy of the pic as a jpeg so you can edit and save it. so that's what I did. And yes, you asked me to send a link to PSD file I couldn't convert to jPEG in cs6 and that's what I did. Those PSD files won't open anywhere but in cs6 and will not upload on FB and other sites like I was trying to do. IDK why you're insisting they are JPEG when every program on my computer says they are PSD.

If you use the link you posted and use the download button for each you will see that all files that download are jpeg files. If you habe the layered PSD file on you system You should be able to upload that PSD file to one of the web sites I provided for you. In your other thread you stated you were havinf problems saving your layered document as a jpeg and the you first saved it as a layered psd file.  If you have that PSD file I woul like to test with it. You should be able to save a layered document as a jpeg if it is RGB or Grayscale 8bit or 16bit color.  Do not use Photoshop.COM

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited it following a youtube tutorial and I switched the mode to CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris ox who is a programmer at Adobe wrote

No, Photoshop CS6 will convert 16 bit/channel RGB images to 8 bit for JPEG saving.

But no version will convert 32 bit/channel, or LAB color.

(and while CMYK JPEG works, it's usually not what you want - and browsers don't support it well)

So CMYK may work but the color may not be displayed right by browers etc. I going to bed now if you have the layered PSD file upload it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, for printing on an inkjet printer, even a top-of-the-line $15,000 printer, or for posting anywhere on the web, you should never use the CMYK color mode for your images.

Use RGB.

CMYK is for when it's going to print on a magazine cover, book on a commercial press.

CMYK is a very narrow color space, and you will lose many of your sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB colors.

Bad deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

switch the psd mode to rgb and ssave as a jpg with a new filename.  that way you wont run into any file conflicts accidentally.  then save as a photoshop pdf but make sure you have switched back to cmyk mode and save with a different filename.  use this file when you want to print your photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markerline,

I made that clarification because inkjet printers expect RGB files.  Even if you feed them a CMYK image, the printer driver will first convert the image back to RGB before converting it to a "CcMmYKphKmatte" file of their own.

EDIT: expect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneybrannen12 wrote:

I edited it following a youtube tutorial and I switched the mode to CMYK

BEWARE of YouTube tutorials.  There are many great ones there, but probably fifty times as many bad ones.  Look for recommendations.

In regard to CMYK. see above:

...for printing on an inkjet printer, even a top-of-the-line $15,000 printer, or for posting anywhere on the web, you should never use the CMYK color space for your images.

Use RGB.

CMYK is for when it's going to print on a magazine cover, book on a commercial press.

CMYK is a very narrow color space, and you will lose many of your sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB colors.

Lastly, the web can't deal with CMYK adequately, as JJMack states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi  everyone .. i need hep for this please

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yjxpm9a87hrich4/DSC_6514.psd

after saving to jpeg this is the result ..

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3yu2m9ila4t2t77/star.jpg#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, I was unaware that the obvious nature of using photoshop dot com to upload psd's would not support downloading the original psd.  You're right, she will have to use a server.  I don't even think Flickr.com would help her out

Courtney, CMYK mode is for printing purposes and usually you would save that as a CMYK PDF or maybe a TIFF with layers is possible though i'm not sure.  What was stated about RGB Jpeg is correct.  If you have the mode in CMYK you will not find many saving options although it is possible to save a CMYK Jpeg... but again this will only make it more difficult to print because JPG by nature is a compressed format usually used for the internet like PNG but can be used in print such as the InDesign application.  The final output of an Indesign document is usually a CMYK PDF while cameras either save as RAW or as JPG (RGB JPG), especially considering the camera that  you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote you save the image as a layered PSD file in the other thread. I asked you to uplade that psd file to the web there are site the will allow you to do that so othere can download it. Please do that so we can test with it. Post a linke to it here or the other thread.  Even with buggy CS6 I have no problem saving layered document as Jpeg file using "Save As" I do have a problem with CS6 and using "Save for Web".

In the save for web dialog the image does not show it turns all black. However if I save it as a jpef file the file is good.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using the SAVE AS feature on other photos that have only been cropped and it doesn't work, maybe I downloaded a bad version of the trial version?!

What sites can I upload a psd with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use your adobe account and create an account at photoshop.com as a suggestion to be able to upload psd files.  have you tried to upload the jpeg2000 file?  when you create your photoshop.com account provide a link to the uploaded file in this forum .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my own server but there are site like yousendit that you can use.  Both "Save for Web" and "Save As" can even save layerd 16bit color docuements as flat 8bit Jpeg images. Photoshop flattens the layered document converts to 8bit mode "Save for Web" has an additional option to convert to sRGB mode. Once the jpeg file is written Photoshop reverts the document back in time to before the save so the document is back in its layer satae abd color space and color depth. So pleas post the layeded PSD file.

Other site to share files http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-websites-to-share-files-without-signing-up/http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-websites-to-share-files-without-signing-up/

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines