• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Create Photoshop Extension

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following this tutorial: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/articles/a-short-guide-to-HTML5-extensions.html but I can't even get the Hello World extension to show up in Window > Extensions > HelloWorld . I'm trying to get this to work in Photoshop CC 2014. Don't know if that makes a difference.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

I don't know if it is the only bug, but to be able to have this extension to work under PhotoshopCC2014 this needs to be done:

Change this [14.0,14.9]

to this [15.0,15.9]

<HostList> <Host Name="PHXS" Version="[15.0,15.9]"/> </HostList>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit challenge to get started since there are no errors, nothing just happens:) But you have to tell us some more, what have you done, how do try to get it running, win/mac, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Brackets, which sets up all your files for you. You can create a project just for PS extensions - much easier!

Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it is the only bug, but to be able to have this extension to work under PhotoshopCC2014 this needs to be done:

Change this [14.0,14.9]

to this [15.0,15.9]

<HostList> <Host Name="PHXS" Version="[15.0,15.9]"/> </HostList>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regard to Pedro's post, he is correct to make sure you have the correct PS version. However, the first number is the starting version for the extension to work and the ending one is the last version. So if you want to have it work on CC and CC 2014, you would want:

<HostList>

<Host Name="PHXS" Version="[14.0,15.9]" />

<Host Name="PHSP" Version="[14.0,15.9]" />

</HostList>

I thought I saw somewhere that you can use a single number for just the starting version, but I can't find it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional suggestions csuebele. I'll give Brackets a try. I also went with making the starting version 14.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the "Hello World" 5 minute tutorial, and it took me a few days. Brackets is really easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brackets was a great suggestion! I found this Creative Cloud Extension Builder for Brackets that helped quite a bit. It pointed to the File menu, and was actually in it's own, but installed the extension flawlessly. Is there one you recommend to build Adobe extensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked some of my extensions, and if you just put the beginning version number, it won't run into issues with later version numbers:

<Host Name="PHXS" Version="14.0" /><Host Name="PHSP" Version="14.0" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! In response to Pedro: I guess the Host Version is all I needed to change. I forgot to mention I'm using Photoshop on Windows. I also looked into this more and found this helpful article: http://blogs.adobe.com/cssdk/2014/06/adobe-extension-builder-and-creative-cloud-2014.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines