• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t cut and drag

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello it’s been a while since I’ve used photo and I’m wondering if there’s a simple solu to my problem

I have a new project opened up, afterwards I open up a layer by image. I successfully used the cut tool to cut out a section from the second image but when I minimize he tab and attepmt to drag and paste the selection to the first tab the image comes out transparent. I’ve checked the RGB tab on the first image to which none have any color and is simply white. The second image that I tried cutting a selection from had all the colors checked so I’m confused as to why the layer came out transparent when I tried to drag and paste to my first image.

Im grateful for any help given thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

I see your problem from the screenshots and reproduced it here for my example screenshots below. It's not a bug - you are actually being successful when you do the copy/paste. You are copying a section of a document that is less than 1MB, so about 500 pixels in length copied and pasted, and then pasting it into a 97GB document that is about 180,000 pixels long - being viewed at only .5% zoom. It's there but it's so tiny you can't see it. Use the zoom tool to zoom way in to the destination docume

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Instead of dragging the selection from one document to the other, try Copy Merged from the Edit menu, and then Paste in the other document.

You mentioned having "all the colors checked" and I assume you are looking at the Channels panel. You probably don't need to even be viewing the Channels panel - it's the Layers panel where the building blocks of your image are and that is what you want to look at to make sure that 1) you have the correct layer highlighted when you drag/drop, and 2) that the Opacity slider is at 100% for your active layer (which may be the cause of the transparent image you mentioned, but somehow I don't think so...).

Hope that helps.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy merge Option is grayed out So I resorted to copy and paste but the image from the first document still comes out transparent when pasted in the second document. The layers panel has a transparent icon in place for the layer I tried copying and pasting and I made sure the opacity is all the way visible but it’s not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a selection (marching ants) around what you are trying to copy before you tried to copy merged?

It would help if you could post a screen shot of what you are seeing. Ideally a screen shot of both the source doc and the destination doc. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For extra clarity, choose Preferences > Workspace and uncheck Open Documents as Tabs. (It s easy to Check later)

Open both images, side by side so that we can see the header information. 

Choose the Source image and in the Layers panel, highlight the layer(s) you plan to move.

Take a sceen-shot of the entire Photoshop screen and post it here.

Then go back to Prefences and re-check. Open Documents as Tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F0800BF6-BB0B-4555-BFD5-8D3CB42F2DDD.jpeg844093E9-43DF-40F5-A837-66E299EDCDC1.jpeg

second image is what happens when i try dragging or copying and pasting. The copy merge option was still grayed out even with the marching ants visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be trying to drag an 8 bit Source file Selection into a 16 bit Target file.

You cannot drag it but you can Copy and Paste it.

(Note the file header data)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless if I have an 8 bit, 16 bit, or 32 bit source file if I use copy and paste the layer is still transparent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a simple Edit > Copy ... Edit > Paste of a Selection is failing with other Source and Target files, Reset Preferences via Preferences > General and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see your problem from the screenshots and reproduced it here for my example screenshots below. It's not a bug - you are actually being successful when you do the copy/paste. You are copying a section of a document that is less than 1MB, so about 500 pixels in length copied and pasted, and then pasting it into a 97GB document that is about 180,000 pixels long - being viewed at only .5% zoom. It's there but it's so tiny you can't see it. Use the zoom tool to zoom way in to the destination document (100% to 150%) and you will see the 500 or so pixels you pasted. Hope that helps.

Steve

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz049.jpg

Photoshop CCScreenSnapz050.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines