Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete/move guide...

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2017.1.1

In blank doc I create a guide, then can't remove/highlight/move the individual guide.

View > Lock Guides is "off"

Trying to determine if Photoshop thinks it's a Canvas Guide (even though I drag created guide), I go to View > Show > Guides or Canvas Guides,

guides hide in both situations. Similarly I can Clear all guides using either Clear Guides or Clear Canvas Guides.

arrrrgh!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi

Show/Clear guides and show/clear canvas guides will do the same thing unless you are using Artboards. If you are using Artboards then you will see an additional option to Show/Clear Artboard guides. That separates the Artboard guides from the Canvas guides.

To move a guide, provided it is not locked,  either select the move tool and drag or hold Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) and drag

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Show/Clear guides and show/clear canvas guides will do the same thing unless you are using Artboards. If you are using Artboards then you will see an additional option to Show/Clear Artboard guides. That separates the Artboard guides from the Canvas guides.

To move a guide, provided it is not locked,  either select the move tool and drag or hold Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) and drag

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOH... was using Selection tool, not Move tool (nefariously hidden from me by the artboard tool!... UI challenged at times even after 29 yrs 😕 ) TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... UI challenged at times ...

Aren't we all !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines