• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't draw on a Clipping mask or locking transparent pixel.!!?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am having a small problem. I been seeing a lot of artist use the "lasso tool" to color in some parts and later on use the "lock transparent pixel" or "clipping mask". They use the lasso tool again to just make more details in either of the two options I mention but I do that and it doesn't work for me. I used my brush and I don't see the color, and if you wondering, yes I put the "clipping mask" on top of the layer I want to use, but nothing. As soon as I release the "clipping mask" I can see the brush work I did. This is like the first time I use this and I am like "what am I doing wrong". SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!! :{

BTW: sorry if my English is bad, I am trying to learn, is not my first language.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a link to what you have seen? This might give us a better idea of what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here it is, sorry.
My Most Used Tools | Tutorial - YouTube

(The link will take you to exact moment she is using the clipping mask and lock transparent pixel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things: First, she is not using the Lasso tool to color the artwork - it just lets you move portions of the artwork around. The coloring is done with a brush.

With the clipping mask, already painted the lower layer with the brush before adding the clipping masked layer. Any transparency on the lower layer means you won't see any painting on the upper layer - until you release the clipping mask.

Check the video starting at 3:12. She starts painting with the brush on several new layers, which give not-transparent areas to either have their transparency locked, or to be used as clipping masks. It sounds like you may be missing this step.

That's the problem with a lot of these videos. They are sped up from real time, which can make it easy to miss important details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I just open my app back again and is working completely. Maybe it was the app because I completely did everything that she was doing and it just didn't want to work. I guess all I need it was to close and re-open the app!

Thank you so much for taking time to help me out, I appreciate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please share a screenshot so we can help you in better way...thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines