Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't draw on canvas in Photoshop.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've searched the internet and cant seem to find the solution. The short of it is that I have a huion drawing tablet and it works fine in any other application I run but in Photoshop i can’t seem to get any tools to work on the canvas. If I use my mouse its fine but the huion pen doesn't register at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What layer type are your trying to paint on. Layers like smart Object layer pixels can not be changed by Photoshop tools like paint brush etc. You can not paint on adjustment, shape, text. layer. Paint on raster layers.

Make sure your tablet and Photoshop use the same API either WinTab or Microsoft INK.

Old Perpetual Photoshop versions only have WinTab support they do not have Support for Microsoft INK programmed in.

I would think the Mouse cursor would move but would not register clicks or pressure if they were not using the same API.

I do not know how Pen support works on a Mac it you are using a Mac

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you installed the Hoiun driver? you have to go to https://www.huiontablet.com/support/  download the driver and check the "Support TabletPC" box in the current Huion Driver and done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines