• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Export Multiple Images from Lr to Ps, creates error message

Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lr & Ps on 2 pc's, one older build (atx motherboard) & also on my newest itx build just completed in Jan 2023, wanted to go sff.  My older pc works great, its been my workhorse for years & everything has been working flawlessly on that pc. I plan to keep using it as my back up once my itx build is up and running.

In the last few weeks I've been slowly migrating files, PSD templates I've created for mailers & postcards, etc... to my new pc as well as Lr presets, Ps actions I've created, & Lumenzia. I work with my wife who is a realtor & do her mailings, postcards, & photography. Not a gamer, both pc's are for work. 

My workflow always consists of taking multiple raw images (say a living room took me 6 shots at different exposures, I don't do hdr, all flash & ambient blend), I make my adjustments to those images in Lr then select those images & Open as Layers in Photoshop, align images, blend images, maybe some Lumenzia adjustments, etc...then once merged or flattened I export that finished image (Ctrl+S) back to Lr for finishing touches, I'll do this with all images from that shoot then select all and save as jpeg to a folder. It works as it should on my older pc but my new one will not allow me to make any adjustment in Ps. I select the images, Open as Layers in Photoshop, in the side panel images start to load then it freezes up, a dialog box pops up and says Photoshop has encounterd a problem and needs to close. I haven't clicked the send report to Adobe because I've been trying to fix it myself.  It will allow me to export one image from Lr to Ps, make adjustments with Ps adjustments and/or Lumenzia adjustment and the save (Ctrl+S) back to Lr, but kicks me out if I import mutiple images. As for mutiple images I started with 2 & this happened. 

The PSD's templates I created for postcards & mailers work just fine, not issue, so far. I've had to do all my photo editing on my other pc. Really need to get this resolved. Any help would be great. I will send in a report and see what response I get. Thanks for reading. 

Both Pc's have Windows OS & intel cpu's & graphics card

Older Pc, i9-9900k cpu, atx build

Windows 10, Lr12.2, Ps 24.1.1.238 (need to update)

New Pc,  i7-12700k cpu, itx build

Windows 11, Lr 12.2, Ps 24.2.0.315 (all up to date)

(Haven't updated Ps in older pc, it works, want to fix new pc before updating)

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Kevin, I found the problem, there were 2 issues in Ps Preferences that corrected the problem. Performance - Advanced Settings - Check Use OpenCL. The other was Technologies Preview - Check Older GPU Mode (pre 2016). When I opted to send report I did, and as soon as hit sent I received a detailed page that opened up stating mutiple things to look at that could be helpful, & it was. Regards, Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jp_508 can you go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste the details here? Reply only once - the forum takes time to show the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin, I found the problem, there were 2 issues in Ps Preferences that corrected the problem. Performance - Advanced Settings - Check Use OpenCL. The other was Technologies Preview - Check Older GPU Mode (pre 2016). When I opted to send report I did, and as soon as hit sent I received a detailed page that opened up stating mutiple things to look at that could be helpful, & it was. Regards, Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines