• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paint at full opacity in layer mask in CS6 64 bit windows 7

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem has developed in my photoshop CS 6 64 bit on windows 7. I can't paint at full opacity in a layer mask. It is like an 75 % opacity brush. I have gone back to the default brushes soit is not the particular bursh. My brush settings are all at 100%, mask density is 100% , the blend mode is normal,-can't think of where else to look for the solution.The brush works just fine when I am not in a layer mask.

I updated the graphic card driver and also the wacom intuos driver. It has to be somewhere in photoshop CS6 as when I go into my older version photoshop, cs5, the mask opacity works works at 100 % opacity

Any ideas of what to do next.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

i don't know how i fixed this-somehow in playing i got the color of the white on the mask and it was slipping to a greyer color-i have no idea how.I had checked my black/whites and they were 255 and 0. Very odd-thanks for getting me to look into the color- would be interested to know how the setting could slip like that-as i said it painted at 100% white when i painted on a blank layer and i tested that color with the info and i was at 255, 255,255

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you choosing the Black for the brush? Make sure it is R-0, G - 0, and B - 0, and not 100% K.

Try hitting the D key to default to Foreground / Background colors and load with the foreground black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is 0,0,0,-had already checked out the color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is odd --you had me thinking so i just tried a layer mask-reveal all and painted with black over a layer and it is working fine-it is just my white on a hide all mask that is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know how i fixed this-somehow in playing i got the color of the white on the mask and it was slipping to a greyer color-i have no idea how.I had checked my black/whites and they were 255 and 0. Very odd-thanks for getting me to look into the color- would be interested to know how the setting could slip like that-as i said it painted at 100% white when i painted on a blank layer and i tested that color with the info and i was at 255, 255,255

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem that I need help with.  I just loaded CS6 for the first time ever last week and have been tinkering around with photo editing.  I am trying to use an action I downloaded to whiten the whites of the eyes and teeth.  When I run the action I cannot paint with the soft white brush.  I hit backslash and it shows no work completed, just a red background.  I have everything selected at 100% opacity (brush and action layer). 

A couple days ago I was able to use the brush tool to darken the background by loading an action and paiting on.  Now I can't do that anymore. 

I can use my brush for other tasks.  I am so confused.  I would greatly appreciate any insight.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized after reading another forum I didn't have "normal" selected.  Doh!  : ) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years too late but I figured it out. I was having a similar problem, and after an hour of looking, it turns out that my Brush Opacity was set to about 75% exactly. I didn't know the brush had an opacity. You can check the opacity at the top bar of your page when you have your brush selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check brush spacing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've struggled for DAYS with this!! Brush spacing!! ty~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with this today! Was driving me NUTS!!!! After trying all the suggestions above, and still having no luck, I discovered that as I had an area marked out using the marquee tool, the brush and clone stamp were playing up. Once I de-selected the marquee'd area, it all worked perfectly. No idea why it had this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved my issue! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines