• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste copied text into 'Save for Web' file name box - Photoshop 21.1.0 Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having a problem pasting copied text into the 'Save for Web' file name box after installing Catalina10.15.3? This is a really important feature for me. I know you can right click and paste copied text that way but I much prefer to use the keyboard (Command V) as I've being doing it that way for years. I have no problem when it's 'Save As', only 'Save for Web'. Anyone got a solution? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on  MBP mid 2015 (fully equipped) with Catalina 10.15.6.
Photoshop CC 2019 works still fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicking, and then choosing Paste, works. But the method that we professionals need to use is Command-V. The right-clicking method is way, way too slow.

Adobe: Catalina has been out for virtually one whole year. Would you care to get off the lawn chair and fix this very rudimentary function (albeit one we professionals rely on virtually every hour of every day)? What are we paying for with our monthly subscription fees?

Stepping back to Photoshop CC 2019 is not the answer (as some have suggested), as software is often updated to patch security vulnerabilities. Security experts recommend that users should run up-to-date apps to stay safe.

Furthermore, Adobe... as you know, there are alternative software titles out there which are fully capable of doing much of what Photoshop (and other Adobe titles) are capable of — but without the monthly fees. I have already been able to replace InDesign. If essential productivity functions — such as Command-V — continue to disappear from Photoshop, I will happily leave that title in the dust, too (after being a dedicated customer for almost 30 years).

My system:
Photoshop 21.2.2
OS X Catalina 10.15.8
iMac 27" 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still in Sep 2020 i have done all the updates both Adobe and Catalina OS and the issue remains! I hope adobe read the feedback and fix ti as soon as possible with the next update. It's very importand for the workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13 october 2020 and still no fix for it! Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem. Can't paste a filename into the save for web dialog box.

PLEASE FIX THAT 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting me know the work around. It's not that much more helpful than renaming the files in finder. I am so surprised when big companies don't care about the little things. It used to work just fine, now it doesn't and it's been a long time since that update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines