• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Re-Activate Photoshop CS3 [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the re-activation instructions step by step (in adobe.com/go/activation), but it still didn't work.

I've read through the forums and tried everything they suggested - used CC cleaner, restarted the computer, uninstalled everything, re-installed everything... still can't use the program.

Adobe doesn't seem to have a support chat or everything (which is the basic tech support you expect to get in these circumstances) so these forums are my last hope. that's pretty urgent and I don't know what to do... thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Activation servers for CS3 have been shutdown, see below

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Check the "What are my options" part for more info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ged, thanks for your answer.

As I mentioned before, I already followed these instructions (Uninstalled the current version, downloaded and installed the new version of CS3 - still no activation). That's why i'm here... do you have any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us exactly what happens. All we have is “doesn’t work”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have two options - activating via internet or via phone. Both fail activating the program. After uninstalling the old version, writing down the new serial and installing the "new" version - it still shows the same two options that don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look at the correct answer here to see if it helps

CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Ged. That looks promising, but I can't find any folder that's called "Adobe PCD". Any idea why?

Just to be sure, I checked and I didn't find any invisible folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not really sure what's going on there, the only thing I can think of is to try running the Adobe cleaner tool again

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Reboot then run the new CS3 installer again and see if the folders appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in your "Hidden Items". Go to view > and make sure you check the "Hidden Items" box

and try again.

hidden-Items.jpgimg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, thank you two SO much! That finally did the job and my CS3 is up and running again.
Thanks again for the patience and the help.

Cheers,

Chuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means there are still traces of the old software trying to activate. The new software alone won’t do that. I hope someone can find instructions for a deeper clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines