• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save file as JPEG because there isn't enough RAM

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so my computer won't let me save my photo as a JPEG because there isn't enough memory (RAM) yet I have 232GB space on my hard drive and the PSD file is only 76 MB. I've managed to save this as a tiff file but I really need it as a JPEG, what can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Try this to see if it help

Invalid Numeric Entry - An integer between 96 and 8 is required

Adjust the value data to correspond to the amount of RAM you have installed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of Photoshop and OS do you have and system specs would help, space on the hard drive has nothing to do the RAM how much RAM do you actually have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the Photoshop CC 2015.5 on Windows 10. How do you check how much RAM you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Edit menu at the top - select Edit > Preferences > Performance...

You should see the window similar to the image below. It displays Available RAM and the ability to set how much Photoshop uses. If you change the amount of RAM for Photoshop, close and then restart as for it to take effect.

performance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't go to that it gives an error. I wish I knew what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this to see if it help

Invalid Numeric Entry - An integer between 96 and 8 is required

Adjust the value data to correspond to the amount of RAM you have installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed that error on mine and it seems to be working ok now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my god thank you, worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Adobe released Photoshop 19.1.5 today which fixes the issue.

Once installed, to allow Photoshop to manage memory - the temporary fix needs to be removed . See this :

Error while accessing performance preferences - 'An integer between 96 and 8 is required.'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many history states and cash levels did you set up in your preferences?

Try History 50

Cache levels 4

performance.png

And see here: 

Performance preferences in Photoshop https://helpx.adobe.com/it/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've never done that before so I have no idea what that does, but I can't do it anyway because a message keeps popping up saying "An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value is inserted."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you figure it out? I have no idea what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What method are you using to save the file as a jpeg? Is the image 8bit or 16bit? Do you have this problem with all images, or just this one? Can you post a screen shot of the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, originally I was just pressing file, save as, then save as JPEG baseline standard, and then it would come up with the message saying there was no memory (RAM), but now after pressing save it comes up with the message straight away. The image is 16 bit and nothing else will save either. snip.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has come up before.

What settings and type of JPG are you saving as - Baseline Standard or Baseline Optimized? In another post, a person with Baseline Optimized was getting a RAM issue which did not happen with Baseline Standard.

Baseline Standard is generally what you should use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines