• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select type layer

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Pshop 2017.1.1.  I have a 3d type layer.  I want to make changes so I select the layer with the type -- but when i then go to the canvas and select the type it automatically creates a new layer. I'm unable to select a saved type layer.  I can't figure out how to make changes. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Edit a text Layer double click on the Text Layer content thumbnail in the layers palette.  That should highlight all the text on that layer and you should be in Text edit mode. You can  type to add and edit the current text.  When Done click the checkmark in the tool option bar.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJ, thanks for answering. I have had this work. The problem I am running into -- and I am not sure why this is happening, when after I double click in he layer panel, as soon as I click on the letters rather than allowing me to edit the type it automatically adds a new layer. Since I am always in a new layer I am unable to edit the type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drapbaron  wrote

I am using Pshop 2017.1.1.  I have a 3d type layer. 

It sounds like you have made a 3D extrusion from the type but want to edit the text?

If so, select the 3D layer and in the 3D panel select the mesh. Then go to the properties panel and click "Edit Source". This will open up a psb file with your text which can be edited. Once done close and save the psb and you will return to the 3D layer which will need to be rendered again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines