• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't switch to Pencil tool in Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected the Pencil tool but the only options I can get are for the Brush tool. I'e looked at the Help and there was an answer in Feb 2017 but that doesn't seem to apply to 2018.The options window looks completely different. I have tried clicking on all icons that look like a brush tool hoping to get it to change to a pencil tool but no luck. The only options are for soft round brushes. I would add screen captures. I've tried png, gif, and jpg and get "That image type is not allowed." what image type is allowed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Hi

Click and hold down the brush tool icon and you should see a menu with teh pencil tool in it.

If you don't see it, go to menu Edit >Toolbar and click "Restore Defaults"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Click and hold down the brush tool icon and you should see a menu with teh pencil tool in it.

If you don't see it, go to menu Edit >Toolbar and click "Restore Defaults"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and as for the forum rejecting images, there is an issue with the forum at present. Jpegs and GiFs are both fine, unfortunately some are being rejected wrongly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines