• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can You Switch between Regular Brushes and the Smudge Brush?

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is easy to switch between Mixer Brush and Standard Brushes with a single key: is there a way to switch between the Smudge Brush and the Standard in the same way?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of, (but could be proved wrong). Brushes and mixer brushes are in the same set, while the smudge tool isn't... BUT
There is no Smudge tool shortcut by default and could could easily make one going through the keyboard shortcuts (Edit>keyboard shortcuts)

Imaginerie_0-1681728178948.png

The tools in the same set have the shortcut O, so I assigned this same one, but you could assign anyother one (that is not already taken)

Another solution is go to the tools bar manager

Imaginerie_1-1681728352013.png

and drag the brush in the same set as the smudge tool, and AFTER, go and change the Brush shortcut to be the same as the smudge tool (or conversely drag and drop the Smudge tool in the brush set)
That way all you have to do is SHIFT+O (or SHIFT+B if you took the latter solution) to switch between tools.

To edit the toolbar, go and click on the 3 little dots at the bottom

Imaginerie_2-1681728513874.png

Let me know if it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help! It seems I have created another issue for myself 😛

When I am using the Brush and press Shift to switch tools, it just makes the brush draw in a straight line. Isnt it meant to toggle to another tool while shift is held down?

I have 'Use Shift Key for Tool Switch' selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shift+B is just to change the tool. Release it when you draw (You can't change mid-line)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines