• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot enable Legacy Export (on M1 Mac) [was: Save As]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v. 25.5.1 cannot enable legacy save as. The option is not there, but it comes up in a search of the settings highlighting a blank spot in the preference pane. I really need this option and it appears as if it is there, but there is nothing actually there.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.10.02 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Your screenshot shows export, not save – however I believe that the legacy option is only for Rosetta mode, not native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

According to your first screenshot, you're looking for "legacy export", not "legacy save as". Are you sure you're not mixing the two up?

I googled m1 & legacy save as, but can't find anything that indicates it's missing in m1 macs. But "legacy export" is not available on m1.

Can you show a screenshot of Preferences > File Handling?

legacysave1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Look under Photoshop>Preferences>File Handling

not missing on M1 processor macs

lsave.jpg

If you are in fact looking for Legacy Export, then on an M1 processor mac one needs to run photoshop under Rosetta

(right click on the Adobe Photoshop 2022.app in/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022 then click Get Info

and click Open using Rosetta)

lsave2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be in Preferences > File Handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an M1 chip Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows export, not save – however I believe that the legacy option is only for Rosetta mode, not native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake I am looking for export not save. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your first screenshot, you're looking for "legacy export", not "legacy save as". Are you sure you're not mixing the two up?

I googled m1 & legacy save as, but can't find anything that indicates it's missing in m1 macs. But "legacy export" is not available on m1.

Can you show a screenshot of Preferences > File Handling?

legacysave1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for legacy export. My mistake. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under Photoshop>Preferences>File Handling

not missing on M1 processor macs

lsave.jpg

If you are in fact looking for Legacy Export, then on an M1 processor mac one needs to run photoshop under Rosetta

(right click on the Adobe Photoshop 2022.app in/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022 then click Get Info

and click Open using Rosetta)

lsave2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for legacy export. In all my googling I mistyped save after reading about both. Thank you! I will try this. Weird that it highlights the spot where the setting should be even though it's not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff says, Legacy Export is not available natively on M1. You have to run Photoshop under Rosetta emulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, Mac Studio M2 and PS v.25.3.1. Besides the fact that I can't export SVG (which is not important and not a problem), the really serious issue is that when exporting to jpg, there is no longer the option to freely choose the quality instead of standard settings (low to high, 1-7). This is very limiting when you need to export files with specific dimensions and weights.

If you use Photoshop with Rosetta and change the settings by enabling "use legacy Export as," you can resolve it, but it seems strange to me, and everything is very very very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines