• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot 'export as' or 'Quick export to...' error says Cant export to this location....

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop CC (22.5.0) and now i cannot save any images to JPG or PNG!

When I go to File > Export > and select either 'Export as' or 'Quick export to JPG' I receive the error message 'Cant export to this location Select another location to continue'. There is no option to select another location.

I've also changed from PNG to JPG but still receive the error.

Please help! This has only happened within the last few days.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Turns out I just needed to open up the Edit > Preferences >  Export and make sure 'Aske where to export each time' was selected. Which is was, but opening the box musthave made a difference as the error is now fixed.... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

where are you trying to save your files? Also, on which OS are you using Adobe Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out I just needed to open up the Edit > Preferences >  Export and make sure 'Aske where to export each time' was selected. Which is was, but opening the box musthave made a difference as the error is now fixed.... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate,

I’m glad your problem seems to have been resolved by the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, only in prefrences I have "'Aske where to export each time" checked and always have. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone resolved this issue? Mine has always been checked, and I am still receiving this error message. It is frustrating. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines