• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find View Mode after select and mask

Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the background behind a person and need to refine around the hair. However, when I google for how to do this all descriptions mentions i should Select and Mask and then there should be a View Mode in the workspace, but I cannot find where this is. Is it only available in Photoshop CC (and thus not in my Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.1.1 x64)?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

If Photoshop is really inside Select and Mask, but you don’t see View Mode, can you see any of the right panel stack? If not, see if using Reset Select and Mask (shown in the demo below) helps you restore what you should be seeing. Or, if you do see the right panel stack but everything is blank below the Properties tab, double-click the Properties tab to expand it.

Photoshop Select and Mask panel hidden.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a Layer Mask already, so what did you start from exactly? 

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 08.32.20.png

Photoshop 23.3.0 is the current version, but Select and Mask has been available for several versions already. 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know I have to do troubleshooting just yet - I am just trying to find out where to find the view mode window. The light grey mask appears since I have clicked "select and mask". I am trying to follow the adobe instructions (see attached screenshot), but cannot find the view mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop is really inside Select and Mask, but you don’t see View Mode, can you see any of the right panel stack? If not, see if using Reset Select and Mask (shown in the demo below) helps you restore what you should be seeing. Or, if you do see the right panel stack but everything is blank below the Properties tab, double-click the Properties tab to expand it.

Photoshop Select and Mask panel hidden.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

klicking Reset Select and Mask solved it - now I too see the View mode in the properties panel. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your problem exactly? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. Tried resetting and nothing changed. I then dragged out the select and mask properties panel so it was in its own window and then it popped up. Hope this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx 🙂 had no idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of select and mask it says view mode. You can click on the little down arrow next to the thumbnail to change your view mode.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do tho if "view mode" is just not there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot? I would start by resetting your preferences. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do tho if "view mode" is just not there? 

By @Elizabeth33263955pc2r

If you are in the Select and Mask workspace, there are at least two potential reasons why View Mode is “just not there,” but they are both solvable:

A. It’s there, but the right panel stack is scrolled up, so the View mode has scrolled out of view. To solve this, scroll down the right panel stack. This should not happen on a large display, but could happen on a smaller display such as a laptop where the entire height of the stack can’t be seen.

B. The entire right panel stack is hidden. If this happens, reveal it again from the options bar, as I showed in my demo earlier in this thread. If the options bar is not there, display it by choosing Window > Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines