Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Photoshop CS3 - Installer just dissappeared

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue installing Photoshop CS3 as follow:

I have removed all Photoshop CS3 Beta manually (Use control panel, deleted files and registries) as instructed in this web and get rid of all thing involved Adobe out of my computer.

When I clicked Setup.exe, a setup windows with progressive bar (See in http://www.thetaforce.com/image/cs3installer.jpg ) appeared shortly and then disappear!
Then nothing is happenned further. No error message. It just disappeared. I wait for an hour but nothing happened.

I tried to run Windows in clean mode (msconfig -> disable unneccessary services) and also disable Antivirus and Firewall etc. But this problem persists.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32Bit) and have Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram (DDR2) and 100GB HDD. Graphic shared Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happens on a virgin Vista Ultimate machine. The installer flashes and disappears. The only other Adobe product on the machine is Acrobat 7. Since the laptop is new it never even had cs2 on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The installer flashes and disappears. The only other Adobe product on the machine is Acrobat 7.

I had a similar experience installing the CS2 package on my stand-alone XP machine. The answer for me (and this makes no sense) was to use my notebook to connect to the internet, connect my PC to the notebook in a way that it too would be connected to the internet, then the install went through without a hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help.

I am trying to install CS3 and it works just fine, until it starts to initialize, and then that window just disappears, a few seconds later a window comes up that says that I must finish the other installation of Adobe before i can continue, please install one adobe product at a time. something like that. There isn't another product being installed.

but anyhow, i have searched forums, and it says try to delete temps, do disk cleanup, blah blah.. ( just normal maintenance stuff) but it still wont install.

is there something i am missing, i am trying to download the trial cs3 extended on WinXP SP2

cs3 was on my computer a few months back but i deleted it because i didn't need it at the time. I have searched my entire computer for any adobe stuff, and i have deleted it all, and I've tried to reinstall it, but it doesn't work.

i know this is probably very confusing and I'm sorry, but would someone help me please?

thanks SJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you already used the trial you can't load it again on that machine w/o a low level format. if you mean you had the real version PRIOR to installing the trial, i'm not sure you can do that either. why not just reload the real version.

if that's not an option have you considered elements or gimp? both are lightweight and do most of what photoshop does. (and gimp has the advantage of being free!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i need help i have Indesign CS3 installed on my computer windows xp. But when i tried to launch the app i get an error saying this

Font Capture: InDesign.exe - Entry Point Found
The procedure entrypoint?GetIsWrapLocationValid@@YAFPBVIStandOffData@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Public.dll.

I also tried to uninstall the Indesign from control panel add/Remove programs that too i could not do. It say to close internet explorer but i did not have internet explorer running. Any body could please help me out? have lots of work to do. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2008 Apr 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boy are you lost mark! you're in the photoshop forum. please repost in the indesign forum.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ee6b33c/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATTENTION!!!!!

dont mind all the techno babble going on in here! just follow these simple steps.........

Step1: click Setup file,
Step2: when installer window opens, click and hold on the window at the top border (so it will not disappear) and wait until installation starts!!
Step3: installed!!

Simple as!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be cool... :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2008 May 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,
I've found the best solution to eliminate "disapearing" problem at all. You'll never believe me, I've just rollbacked to Windows XP SP2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2008 Aug 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok guys i have spent like 48 hrs for the solution of this problem.
now i did the following things.i have windows xp sp2 home i dont know wht to do for windows vista or some other OS sry.

1)go to microsoft update site->check ur OS update history(AUTOMATIC UPDATES is what i mean)->now if all the updates have ben done by you already till date then its ok else download the remaining updates by simply searching them on google.when u DONE with updating follow this.Mostly u need to update .NET files.

2)Now download the CS3 script cleaner/registry cleaner or whatever u call it. run it follow the instructions of README.DONE...

3)now try installin if it still doesnt work then........

4)Uninstall any other 3rd party internet browser and update your internet explorer to the latest one and make it your default browser.

5)run the SETUP.EXE(which was irritating you and make u pull ur hair out) and after the short loading the actual setup will work!!

I followed the above steps and i am through with the setupa and the programs are running fine.

P.S.-if u had previous demo/beta version of CS3 please deactivate and then install the full/stable version.

This is not copied or self made.I have just compiled my experience and the help i have got from all of you reading this and writing this.thank you for the help.
i hope this helps!! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2008 Aug 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as others with CS3 except that I am still using Photoshop 7. It installed perfectly on my desktop running Vista Ultimate but will not install on my new Acer 8920G laptop also running Ultimate and having much the same spec and programs as the desktop. The installation starts as usual and asks for language choice. It then prepares for installation and the progress bar goes to 99% and stops. There is a lot of disc activity for some time but eventually it all just disappears. I have tried the solution:

On Windows Vista32:

1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
2. Right-click the Command icon, choose Run As Administrator, and authenticate.
3. Navigate to Windows\System32.
4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
5. When a dialog box with the message DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded appears, click OK.

however that made no difference. Some suggested uninstalling IE7? Might that help and how does one do that - it does not appear in the control panel remove list.

Help greatly appreciated - I use it nearly every day and am soon off on another trip. Thanks, Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally works on my Vista32 after carrying out 2 of the above suggestions.

I'd followed through this discussion thread and tried all the suggestions and found the 2 separate steps suggested by Philip Timothy Smith (in post #33) and Don Frack (in post #81) that worked.

I'm summarising them below for easy reference:

Step 1 (by Philip):
==================

On Windows Vista32:

1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.

2. Right-click the Command icon, choose Run As Administrator, and authenticate.

3. Navigate to Windows\System32.

4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.

5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded" appears, click OK.

Step 2 (by Don):
===============

1. Copy the "Adobe CS3" folder from the installation CD to your harddrive.

2. From the harddrive copy, open the folder "resources\common\scripts".

3. Right-click on the file "ContainerProxy.js", click "Open With", and select Notepad.

4. With the file open in Notepad, click Edit (from the top menu), then "Go To...".

5. In the "Line Number" box, type 1102, and press Enter. This will take you to line #1102.

6. Locate the "SetSessionInitialized" variable as follows.

7. Look on the screen for the line "jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValue));".

8. Delete "window.external.", i.e. the line becomes "jsonObj = _jsonToObject(SetSessionInitialized(initValue));".

9. Save the file.

10. Go back to the harddrive parent folder "Adobe CS3" and run the Setup.exe.

At least the above 2 steps worked for me. Hope it also works for the rest of you.

HY Teo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there....
plZ help me out of this...

first of all only after doing regsvr jscript.dll in run cmd...i'just entered the adobe installtion page...then when i'choose some s/w's and press install...it'replies tat' "Please insert the First CD onto the drive"...although my DVD(containing everything) has been still in the drive......

PLZ HELP ME OUT OF THIS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I TOTALLY AGREE TO GIVE GORODEK A MEDAL!!!!!!!

THANKS MAN! after trying to install it for 2days finally the search is over i have used ur guide and it works!!!!!

MERRY XMAS TO ALL THANK YOU GORODEK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i meant gorodek thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2009 Jan 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied all methods and nothing helped. What the hell must we eternally experiment on computers until we crash them? This is the problem of Adobe soft, and they should have disposed of it. But they do not care at all and we have to make guesses what prevent their soft from installing! Where is the solution from Adobe stuff? The best way out is to forget those who put a slight upon customers and find alternative soft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I had the disappearing installer problem with PhotoShop CS3. I tried everything here, no joy. Finally I managed to install Photoshop CS3 by replacing Setup.exe of CS3 installer with the one from CS4 installer. After that, everything went fine. As far as I remember, I did not even have to alter the ContainerProxy.js file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

run the cs3 clean script a couple times at increasing levels. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS first!

Using the new CS3Clean Script
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402767&sliceId=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting to be quite a load of BS.

I downloaded the CS4 Extended trial program and would buy the complete package no problem if it worked correctly.

AVG stated that the setup.exe file is a Trojan Virus variant. Considered it a False Positive and shut that down along with the Windows Firewall and all other AV.

Setup.exe file cannot be run. I cannot run it from the Admin account nor the User account with elevated status or as right click run as...

From the command prompt running the setup.exe file I get Access Denied

I took over ownership of the file, added users to the file, changed all permissions to full control.. NADA I can cut copy paste rename the file to verify ownership and that works no problem. I just cannot run it.

I then changed my registry settings with a script and a Microsoft .msi (subinacl.msi) file that completely rewrote my registy settings to allow full access to all files on the machine. No Luck

The only other Adobe products I have are Reader. I uninstalled that and all products associated with it. I then ran the Adobe Uninstaller and the Microsoft Uninstaller associated files. No Luck.

I changed the code as described above, changed my web site settings to make IE the primary program, reset my computer, installed the java script .dll file, cut the original download or should I say the third one to the C:, F:, and G: drive with zero results.

I have followed every single piece of advice given to no avail. Even software hackers are having a problem with the setup.exe file (as shown from my Google search). It is sad to see the people helping are users that actually bought this product and not the programmers who wrote it. I wonder if Adobe support has become over loaded and it is not cost productive to have them help us.

Thank god I am a MCSE and CCNA and understand computers better than most. I also have lab computers to experiment on if anything should go wrong. If not I would have given up long ago.

To have someone purchase this garbage for $200.00 - $2000.00 is beyond me. I use the most obscure, proprietary, shabbily written software ever created daily and this is the first product I have EVER downloaded or installed that never worked.

Shame on you Adobe... I will be using .NET Paint and other programs that actually work and have a support system set up by the creators not the users. If anyone has any other suggestions please post.

Original error:

Clicking on Setup.exe from the CS4 window:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

From the cmd prompt ran as admin:

Access Denied

This happens under both the Administrator Account, User Account with Elevated Privileges and with Three different Downloads.
==============================================================
Windows Vista SP1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Thank god I am a MCSE and CCNA and understand computers better than most. I also have lab computers to experiment on if anything should go wrong. If not I would have given up long ago.

sounds like pebkec errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Thank god I am a MCSE and CCNA

sorry. i'll type slower next time! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously did not follow the directions, which require you to disable your antivirus program during the installation. You really need to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2009 Jan 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's ok mike. he's certified! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ms certification is like fight club. the 1st rule is don't talk about it. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um... I stated that I did shut off my AV in the fourth and fifth sentence.

"AVG stated that the setup.exe file is a Trojan Virus variant. Considered it a False Positive and shut that down along with the Windows Firewall and all other AV."

I then continued on with the other fixes. Please read carefully.

Hey Dave, got anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you going to be bitter that I have an advanced study of the operating systems and networking gear I work with on a daily basis?

Just saying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines