• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open files due to "program error"

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just trying to open a .jpg and this keeps popping up. I've done everything under "Learn how to fix", deleted presets, disabled GPU excelleration, updated windows, updated graphics drivers, disabled graphics drivers, uninstalled, re-installed an older version, restarted my computer - I did everything.

I checked the forums and it's all the same advice and mostly frustrated people in the comments with no resolution still even though Adobe has known since 2021 based on the dates of the posts. I guess my post is just to let Adobe know that the bug still persists. Unfortunately, I don't have anymore time to troubleshoot this. If I can't even fix it with an uninstall/reinstall, I'm going to have to cancel my subscription because Photoshop has been rendered useless.

2023-10-25 11_37_16-Adobe Photoshop 2024.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the program error trouble @Elizabeth33163533330o,

Does this happen with all .jpgs that you're trying to open? or particular ones?

You might try using the Cleaner tool to uninstall all things Adobe and reinstall and see if that fixes it. 

Let us know how it goes for you.

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and Adobe is not offering a good solution, telling people to reinstall is honestly pretty infuriating, like we have nothing better to do. It's a bug that seems to reoccur every so many versions, usually the "solution" (which is actually just a bad workaround) is to turn of the GPU, which does impact viewport perfomance. My way around is, is to turn off the GPU, open one document I don't need to work on, then turn on the GPU again and like that I can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this will help some other people who encounter this issue, I have 4 GPUs in my machine and I now assigned one of the GPUs that's not connected to any of my monitors to Photoshop, which seemed to have solve my issue. It'd be really helpful if you could switch the GPU in Photoshop itself btw.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand why this "program error" might happen if the Photoshop settings changed or the installation became corrupted. But why would it happen on only one PSD when I can open other PSDs as usual?

It must be something changed or embedded in that file, right? Not something wrong with Photoshop in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines