• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 does not respond at the initial launch after installation. The software freezes when the introduction window of new features appears.

I end the software by stoping it in Task Manager and it happens again when I start over. 

I tired both restart my computer and reinstall the software several times but not helping.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Please help me I need to use it ASAP. Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Hi

Try deleting the Photoshop preference file from this location

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

pref location.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not one you'd like. I've tried everything here so far and no result. Finally decided to uninstall everything Adobe, accepted the 'remove all preferences' abd started again. At that point I got a 190 error code from the Adobe Cloud interface which turns out to be my machine lacks sufficient resource.

I'm not sure, but it may be because that laptop was running Windows7 so perhaps support for that has stopped? I really don't know.

I'm not convinced but needed ot working on my work machine so went out and bought another laptop I5 6 core 8G RAM and an SSD. That worked.

Given I'm no longer time critical I'm gong to wipe the old laptop and do a total Windows re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I hope it's not because of Windows 7. I'm still running on that too. I am sooo bummed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o meu  tambem nao esta abrindo apenas aparece a imagen na camada mas na tela não aparece  ja desinstalei mas nao vai 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh por fin! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

work for me. thanks!

shame adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all those who are able to install it successfully, but, the app closes on opening:

You’ve to install the Creative CLoud Desktop App and sign in into it. Then, it will work. This is needed for some reason by Photoshop and Illustrator. All other apps are working fine.

you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Issue cleared up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another potential solution, I noticed there were no event logs for Photoshop not responding which leaned me towards a connectivity/Adobe Helper issue. 

So if all the above fails:

- Close out of Photoshop completely. 

- Remove photoshop preference file as per Ged Traynor's instructions above

- Disconnect from your internet connection on the computer you're running.

- Run Photoshop 2020

This should prevent the "What's new" pop-up initially and allow Photoshop 2020 to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this still did not work.

From the Adobe CC Control panel:
    -- Bridge 10.0.2.131 launches OK.
    -- Photoshop 21.0.2 still does not launch.   On the main Home
screen for Photoshop, only the outlines of the Menu items and the
rectangular workspace come up, but the fields remain gray & blank.  The
circle icon just spins and spins, but the program never launches.

If I click on an existing photo file from Bridge, Photoshop opens, and I
can edit files.   Same for clicking on existing files from the Windows
File Explorer menu,
But then -- if I close all files in Photoshop -- the main Menu does not
appear.  It has the same symptoms as trying to launch it from the CC
Control panel.

--
Christopher J. Crowley
32 NH Route 10
Orford, NH 03777

chris.crowley@myfairpoint.net
www.cjcLandAndSeaPhoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jo, it didn't work for me . Possibly windows 7 issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried deleting the adobe prefences. Even deleting creative cloud and still not opening. It just freezes. I even had apple support try to figure out and they gave up. Actully notihing in my creative cloud opens. Is there any way i can get help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tied to download the free trial Adobe Photoshop. It started then stopped. How do I get it to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open Photoshop 2019 or 2020, also can't open Creative Cloud. I have tried everything on this page, I can't even uninstall Photoshop or Creative Cloud on my Windows 10 computer. Please help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all this. None of it worked for me. I found out at the link below, that I had to install Visual C++. installed, rebooted, now Photoshop opens.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-does-not-start-no-error-nothing-in-task-mana...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i open Photoshop, it says something about scratch disks. How do i fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space do you have for the scratch disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNGIt says I have it full, and I can't seem to be able to change this coming up despite different attempts getting rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have 3.96GB of free space on the C drive, apart from Photoshop not been able to open you're going to have issues on an OS level, you need to free up space on the C drive

https://www.howtogeek.com/125923/7-ways-to-free-up-hard-disk-space-on-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am photo shoot want to👆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines