• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot preview thumbnails in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer view the thumbnails i upload to my mac from an SD card from my new OMD M5 Mark3 Olympus camera.

It's a relatively new camera and maybe the software hasn't been updated to see the out of camera thumbnails. But we have had several updates in PS and this still is an issue for me.

I am going the long way round to see the images, by adding them into lightroom first then editing in PS. But this is a pain to be honest. Is there something I can do?

When will an update for the new cameras be avialble in PS?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these are RAW files you can't open them in Photoshop anyway. You first need to open them in Adobe Camera RAW as PS does not read RAW files.

99% of users of the photography plan always use LR First to catalog and Edit their RAW files and then for a Few of them they Send them to PS from LR.

Go to the Help menu item in PS and select either System Info or About PS and post the Exact version number. Also open the CC DTA and make sure ACR is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have been using PS for the last 4- 5 years and have always been able to view the thumbnials on the SD card and in the folder once uploaded. Then opened the image I want to edit in PS will no issues. I always shoot RAW and have never needed converted them first. Many moons ago I used to use LR the edit in PS but haven't done that for at least 2 years.

Using the camera raw filter in PS or adjustment layers, etc.

My issue is when the SD card from the new camera is inserted or uploaded the thumbnails just have the PS logo instead of the preview image like they used to have, forcing the whole folder to be uploaed or previewed in LR first. (pain).

As I mentioned I wasn't sure if this was because the camera is new and the software hasn't been updated yet.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about the REAL Photoshop or Photoshop ELEMENTS?????

There is NO version of the REAL Photoshop that shows you thumbnails of images, and certainly not RAW image files, stored in folders on your hard drive.

There is Adobe Bridge which is a type of File Manager and then there is PS Elements that has a part that is like Bridge and or Lightroom Classic.

In the REAL PS you can Open multiple images but you do not see thumbnails of them and if they are RAW image files they first open in Adobe Camera RAW and if you do open multiple images you do get a thumbnail view on the left hand side of the program interface. This is Bridge in the Light Table workspace.

2020-05-26 06_10_37-0324.png

And this is Adobe Camera RAW.

2020-05-26 06_13_01-Camera Raw 12.2.1  -  Fujifilm X-T2.png

But in PS, the REAL PS. there are no Thumbnail view. There is only file names at the top.

2020-05-26 06_15_40-XT207168.RAF @ 25% (RGB_16).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks again for taking time to answer.

My problem is not in PS itself, my issue is, when i insert an sd card into my iMac and upload the files into a folder on the iMac, i used to be able to see the thunbnail images as a preview if you like. But now all I see is the PS logo with the image numbers underneath.

I then need to load them into LR to be able to preview them. And then choose to delete of keep or edit.

I was told initially this was because my camera was new and the software was not updated yet.

I know there is no image preview tool in PS, I posted hoping maybe someone else had the same issue and had found a solution.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really you need to show us a screen shot of what you are seeing. I should of mentioned that before.

It sounds like you are using Finder and FINDER is NOT showing you the tumbnails of your RAW image files (also FINDER IS NOT Photoshop and has nothing to do with PS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 14.16.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, yes it is through FINDER but when speaking to Apple support and Adobe, they both said it could be an Adobe update issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines