Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Save file in Photoshop - get disk error message

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I open a psd file and make some changes and then try to save this file Photoshop says I cannot save because of a disk error. But when I try "save as" and change the file name PS saves it without a problem. I end up with multiple copies of my files as well as many Adobe files with a filename like "Adobe Photoshop 202396568044736494".  I am using Photoshop 2023 v24.0.1 

Do you have a solution to this problem. i see that many people also have this issue and it goes back a few years. What is the fix for this?

Thnak you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I open a psd file and make some changes and then try to save this file Photoshop says I cannot save because of a disk error. But when I try "save as" and change the file name PS saves it without a problem. I end up with multiple copies of my files as well as many Adobe files with a filename like "Adobe Photoshop 202396568044736494".  I am using Photoshop 2023 v24.0.1 

Do you have a solution to this problem. i see that many people also have this issue and it goes back a few years. What is the fix for this?

Thnak you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you work on a network volume? 

Adobe discourages that. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm guessing you are saving to a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox while active sync is running. You need to either A)work locally and transfer or B) disable sync while accessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines