• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Print Studio Pro issue

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print using Canon Print Studio Pro (the latest version) with Photoshop 2022.  When I try to send am image to the printer, the relevant dialogue box appears, I can adjust settings, but agter clicking the "Print" button, I get a message that the printer is offline.  I know it isn't, because I have been able to print through Photoshop's print system during the same session.  A Canon troubleshooter has been unable to help.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If canon support can't help with their software compatibility, why not just print using the Canon driver?
Make sure to download and install that, then, when "adding", in system preferences, avoid selecting "use" = Airprint, because this generally uses the Gimp-Print / Gutenprint driver that’s built into macOS and which misses features like the ability to set "media" to the actual manufacturer's papers. For 'use', you should select the printer name.

It's pretty easy to get confused by "Airprint", I guess it's Apple wanting to be helpful, but IMO, it's better to install the actual manufacturer's software when available. Gimp Print can be a godsend for old unsupported printer hardware though.  When you look in "print settings" /quality and media you should see something like this:

Presets Default Settings.jpg

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines