• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant edit background of photo

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! So I removed the background of the photo that's in the heart and had to clean up parts of it with the history brush tool, it seems I missed a spot but I just noticed now after editing, is there any way I can continue to clean up the photo or do I have to fully start over? It just keeps erasing everything in the file. I've circled the problem areaScreen Shot 2024-05-14 at 9.24.34 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start working with layer masks instead of direct (and destructive) pixel editing.

Then this would be fixed in ten seconds. Now you need to redo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the graphic.  It has a Banksy feel to it.

BTW  I doubt there is a single Photoshop iin the entire world who has some experience, and still uses the History Brush.  It locks you in to any edits you make, and gets confusing.  Do what Dag has suggested and use separate layers and layer masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the woman and the heart are separate layers with no backgrounds behind them, you can apply a Clipping Mask to make the lady appear inside the heart only. This would also hide the top of the head but you could have a duplicate layer with her head behind/above the heart layer.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines