• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant Highlight Text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the new update I've lost the ability to highlight text to change it. I've searched with no luck as to fix it. Anyone having this same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gmb9010 's solution back on Dec. 3, 2018 (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10789740#10789740) fixed it for me.

It is somewhat incredible that a fix identified back in December of last year still hasn't been implemented by Adobe now six months later… especially at the prices they're charging now. I hope that they're not just collecting the dough and letting the products wither away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all gpu in the world doesn't support Photoshop CC2019

if you want to use full feature and not slowly you can wait 20 years

but you want to use feel good this you can downgrade to CS6 very perfected photoshop version

no more lag

no more long time process

no more bug

no more image resize preview dialog to SLOW

Very supper fast all time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem.

I may have a possible solution.

I found that when I change my image mode from CMYK to RGB the text highlight start working again.

Hope this helps!

DharshanJohannesburg, South Africa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the H is this still a problem? Been almost a year since it was brought to Adobe attention and we still have this issue? Come on now Adobe we don't pay for broken products to stay broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the following: reset tools, changed performance to legacy, renamed preferences file. Nothing worked. What did work was simple: Open new blank document, use text tool to write and highlight. Go back to document giving trouble. Highlighting worked. Just spent 45 minutes wasted attempting to fix. Adobe, get your act together. Downtime is death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me: Open a new document in RGB color mode, make some text, select it. 

Seems to be related to another bug where the lasso tool's line wouldn't show. That one can also be fixed by opening an RGB document and using the lasso in it. I'm on mac OS mojave. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed the cursor only works properly if you're in RGB mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and here there is listed over 100 useless replies and still the problem persists! I am so SICK of these issues with these programs we pay so much money for! There should be a much better support platform for the price we pay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and hoorah the update fixed it. My bad, needed to vent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved

here's the answer...

Go to

Edit > Preferences > Performance > Advance Setting

Now from drop down menu, select Normal or Advanced.

Thank You 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines