• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 type leading going haywire

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to photoshop 2018 yesterday and the type leading is going crazy. When I drag the leading slider in the text box, or use the arrow keys to nudge the leading one pt at a time, it jumps from whatever I start at (like 60) to 364 to 2423.63 to 15263.42. It's crazy.

It I type in a number into the box, no matter what the number is, it jumps to another random number.

Nothing is behaving corrected with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

The Adobe team have acknowledged a bug in other threads. It affects text that has been transformed.

There is a workaround you can use in the meantime :

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. This is VERY annoying and slowing me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue, with the numbers being different every time. I've also tried restarting my computer (thinking maybe it was a memory problem?) but no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now when I adjust the leading with the down arrow key, the numbers go up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I tried the restart, playing around with character and paragraph styles... that got even weirder by magnifying the font size...

However, I did end up deleting the text and retyping it and so far (knocking on wood) it is working.

I am wondering though if it may be a transition thing from a Photoshop 2017 file to a 2018 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Are there any suggestions or fixes so far?

A few answers given here

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe team have acknowledged a bug in other threads. It affects text that has been transformed.

There is a workaround you can use in the meantime :

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entering the value in the properties panel is still having the same problem for me. I'm unable to arrow up, type in a value or select anything without the line spacing jumping to a completely random number. Any new updates on when they'll be releasing a fix? I will have to revert to previous version in the meantime I guess? Can't honestly remember the last time I've seen an Adobe fail this bad with a Photoshop update in 15 years of working professionally with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The value you enter in the Properties box will change to a random number (that is part of the bug). However, the value you entered in the Properties panel box will appear correctly in the Character panel box and be applied to the text.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave, thanks for the quick reply and additional explanation! I see what you're saying now—at least having a workaround saves me some serious time lost this morning and I really appreciate it. Hopefully there will be a formal fix soon...

I do like the improvements to point selections I've noticed so far when working with shapes & paths in this new version. Cheers. -Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Glad to help - we both hope a fix will come sooner rather than later

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the work around solution Dave. I thought I was losing my mind. You saved me a huge headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens for me on new files and legacy. On a new file I'll type a line, hit return, type another. If I adjust the leading, it works ok. BUT, if I use the transform tool to scale up the text THEN adjust the leading, it goes crazy in BOTH the character window AND properties window. The scaling part was mentioned in another comment from someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on any file that has been scaled.

To re-iterate the workaround:

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround isn't working this morning on a file it worked on last night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: copy the text into a new text block. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here.

going back to cc 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, yeah I got on the phone with support and just reverted back to cc2017 until they sorted this out.

This bug is to much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is with the arrow keys not working correctly on the Leading tool (line spacing).   If you hit either the down arrow or up arrow the spacing just opens up.  The up arrow should decrease the spacing.   If you hold down shift and arrow keys it behaves even weirder by changing the increment it is adjusting by... 1px, 5px back to 1px.  When hitting shift is is supposed to move in increments of 10px.

I crank through work with the arrow keys.   LAME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please release the fix ASAP. This is a fiasco. This should be a priority bugfix and released within a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same problem. This is super annoying. Sometimes if I restart the program it sorts itself for a short while. Totally killing my work flow right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no update on this? it's been weeks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem here and I agree with a full revert.  I had planned to update all my Adobe Software today, but now after experiencing this bug in the first app installed I am concerned for all the other bugs that might appear in an otherwise stable system and group of software with 2017. Reverting to PS 2017 ASAP and waiting for the fixes to come out.  I, like many others in the business, can't afford to deal with these types workarounds of bugs slowing me down that should have been tested thoroughly by Adobe before release. Step up your game Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up, I tried one more upgrade to 2018 with Adobe Muse... Worse decision I have made in years. What was working great in 2017 (I skipped 2017.1.0 because of the bugs) has completely messed up a client site do to the changes made to widgets without regard for past programming in Muse.  I say this here just as a warning to all who want to upgrade to 2018 software. BE WARNED. I think Adobe's testing department took a vacation when they should have been testing the software.  Now I can't revert to 2017.0... they only allow 2017.1 which has the same bugs I am getting with 2018 and expected them to be fixed... what was I thinking:| 

If your system and software are stable WAIT to do your upgrades... I am so pissed at Adobe right now. Such a huge waste of time with Photoshop and Muse that I can't bare to upgrade anymore software right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines