Exit

CC2017 installing without prior notification

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the clear blue I'm getting this every time I boot up the pc:

Adobe screenshot.PNG

Note that it says "Installing," not "Downloading". I received no notification from CreativeCloud that there was an update and hence no option to uncheck "Remove old versions". In fact, I don't get the usual CreativeCloud window with the icons at all, just what's in the screenshot above. This has never happened before. "Cancel" is grayed-out, so I've been going into Task Manager and killing the process from there each time. This is not exactly a realistic long-term solution, though, is it?

I realize that I can reinstall old versions after-the-fact, but I really don't want to have to do that. How do I get CC to stop installing and show me the screen with the options?

Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

This is the CC Application updating itself not installing Ps. You get the option to install Ps or not later it is not installing from your dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the CC Application updating itself not installing Ps. You get the option to install Ps or not later it is not installing from your dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, as Alfred says.

You can go into the CC app's preferences and uncheck "always keep updated" - but what happens then is that, when a new update is issued and pending, all the other, major apps immediately revert to trial mode. Once the CC app update has run, normal licensing returns by itself.

So either way, you're held hostage to the CC app updates. You just have to run them, so it's probably best to just let it have its own way and do it automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured I'd have to let it have its way eventually, but as I said above, it's never done this before. So, okay, let's see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the long silence.

@Alfred Pennyworth, you were correct, it was the CC app trying to update itself.

@D Fosse, I'm still being held prisoner by CC. At precisely 37% of the install I'm consistently getting Error 205. None of Adobe's suggestions either apply or work, so I've been spending quality time in the land of CC Download & Installation looking for leads. I finally found the secret cave where Adobe stashes the full application, not the stub Adobe offers, and downloaded it along with CC Cleaner (on the off chance). I just haven't made the attempt yet.

I'd dearly love to have a chat with the party who came up with the concept of "online installer"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PBArtattack wrote:

I'd dearly love to have a chat with the party who came up with the concept of "online installer"...

Yeah, me too. It's fine as long as everything works as advertised, but we all know that isn't always the case.

Anyway, Adobe now in fact offers offline installers as well. This is new, and from what I gather the direct result of customer nagging. The CC2017 installers aren't there yet, but they will be soon:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Background info here: http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines