Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center image after cropping

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,photoshop.jpg

After cropping an image (1)  the new cropped image isn't centered on my workspace anymore (2). Is this a setting I can change as I would like to have the new cropped image centered on my workspace again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Looks like your using Classic Crop mode and also have Overscroll set in Edit>Preferences>Tools

Either uncheck Use Classic Mode for the Crop Tool or uncheck Overscroll in the photoshop Preferences>Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t reproduce the issue so far.

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

Adobe Support Community Guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No issues here either with the Crop Tool, have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I reset those preferences, am I losing all my settings (layout, actions, crop-presets)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can backup your settings, take a look here

Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can backup your settings, take a look here

Not only is one able to, one should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your using Classic Crop mode and also have Overscroll set in Edit>Preferences>Tools

Either uncheck Use Classic Mode for the Crop Tool or uncheck Overscroll in the photoshop Preferences>Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add a big thank you for this I have spent many many hours over the past few months trying to figure out why my crops were seemingly anchored to the top left of the crop box I am drawing and turns out that unchecking OVERSCROLL as mentioned above in preferences when using CLASSIC MODE for the crop tool resolves my problem.

No more rolling back to an earlier version of PS now what a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but resetting the preferences doesn't help for me. 

Is anyone find a fix yet? 

I'm using Photoshop Version 22.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Overscroll checked in Preferences?  It might not be on by default (after resetting Preferences).  Lots of things work better when it is turned on.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response and Yes I have overscroll ticked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone have this problem where after you crop your image not centered and jumped. 

I have attached screen recording of the issue that happenned. 

Anybody can find a solution or how to resolve the issue? I have tried to reset preferences but yet the problem still occurs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that Im using Photoshop Version 22.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have had the same problem for the past few months when cropping with my images going to the top left of the crop box I am drawing so I've been rolling back to the previous version 21.2.9 where the images are properly centered assuming this was a bug and occasionally upgrading again to see if it has been fixed.

I tried different keywords in the search forum box and turns out from another thread it's an option that needs to be unchecked using EDIT - PREFERENCES - TOOLS and then untick OVERSCROLL.

I use CLASSIC MODE for the Crop Tool and my images are now perfectly centered every time.

Thought I would add this in case you haven't found the answer yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for this and I tried to untick 'overscroll' in Preferences-Tools and it work for me and of course the downside of this is the images won't be able to move round when some 'adjustment window' covering the windows where you need to manually zoom in and out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had exact same problem. Just tried Edit>Preferences>Tools and then unchekcing Overscroll, and it WORKED. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines