We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Copy link to clipboard
I want to change the color in an image but it is grayed out as an option. How do I access it.
I have read other forum posts and want to be clear. See images attached. FYI:
I am using Windows 10.
1. I want to use only the Change Color option and not a hue/saturation, selection, or other tool
2. I have checked Mode and it appears fine RGB 16 bits channel
3. Opacity is 100%, Blend modes are Kind and Normal
4. I have never had this happen before.
5. I am using Adobe Photoshop 2021
I select layer, then Adjustments Drop down and the Change Color option (and the entire section there below the line) is grayed out. -
Please show the entire screen including the layers panel and options bar, and check that you are working on a standard pixel layer and not a smart object
Do you have a Smart Object selected in the Layers panel? If so, you can rasterize it (right-click and select Rasterize Layer) or convert to layers (right-click and select Convert to Layers).
Hi Myra - when I went back to add that in my reply I didn't see you had already replied 🙂