Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change depth from 32bit to 8bit

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

is there a simple way to change depth of image. I'm makking TMO filter plugin, and operate on 32bit image, laast operation i need to convert to 8 bit.

Is there any function fot that?

thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from a filter plug-in. You would have to do an automation plug-in that "listens" for your filter event to complete and then the automation plug-in can 'post process' your filter results and change the document to 8 bit. See the Listener automation example in the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create a filter to do the TMO in 32 bit - outputting your result in gamma 1.0, 32 bit values ranged 0 ... 1.0.

Then afterwards convert the document to 8 bit with a NULL tone mapping (Exposure/Gamma at 0/1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I do conversion from 32 to 8, Photoshop running the HDR Tonning, what is wrong. How do I make it will not turn on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop has to do some toning, so set it to do a NULL conversion: exposure & gamma with settings of 0 exposure, and a gamma of 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Just create a filter to do the TMO in 32 bit - outputting your result in gamma 1.0, 32 bit values ranged 0 ... 1.0."

Hiw to output result with gamma 1.0  and exposure with 0.0? is there any function for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh.  32 bit/channel data is always gamma 1.0. YOUR TMO code needs to output the data still as gamma 1.0, with a range of 0 to 1.0.

Then you use a script or an automation plugin to convert the 32 bit toned document to 8 bits/channel, using the option for exposure & Gamma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, now I understand, but how to output data wich hamma 1.0? is there ny function for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, there is no function for that -- it's something you have to do in your TMO.

You are starting with gamma 1.0 data, and should output gamma 1.0 data from the TMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and when I output data with gamma 1.0, and after this i convert to 8bit in photoshop, then HDR Tune dont start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines