• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changed Photoshop settings won't stay when I reload Photoshop?

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been using Version 23.3.2 of Adobe Photoshop on my new Windows computer and have been encountering a persistent problem. On the old versions of Photoshop, I had some preferences that would automatically save when I closed the application - for example, I like to keep Overscroll permanently turned off and my basic brush at 100% hardness. Now, when I close the application and reopen it to continue working on a file, those small things are reset: I have to manually turn off Overscroll each time, while my brushes reset to 0% hardness. The only change I have made that has stuck is moving around and reordering some of the side tabs (Color, Layers, etc).

It's a small issue, but it gets really annoying in the long run as I often don't remember where Overscroll is unless I Google it and I don't realize the brush problem until I start drawing. Is there a way I can fix this so I won't have to make these changes every time the app opens and closes?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Photoshop isn't exiting normally or the preferences location is locked. Try creating a new Admin user account and run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trey resetting your preferences. Go to Edt Preferences, or Preferences from the Apple drop down, then select "Reset Preferences on Quit" under the General Menu

Alternatively you can hold. down Command+Option+Shift (Alt+Ctrl+Shift (on Windows) when starting up Photoshop to reset its settings. Then see if it that works.

Cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this should work on a new administrator account? I'm already using an administrator account to do my art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried saving my preferences regarding the Overscroll - unfortunately, it didn't work ðŸ˜”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Im not sure about an administrators account. It should work on your personal account. I was suggesting removing preferences, and then you could try seeing if it wold save your settings properly. Sometimes the preferences could get corrupt.

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines