• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing a black icon (transparent png) to be half blue

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change a transparent png icon that is currently all black to be half blue?  I could only find the steps to turn the complete image blue, but I only want the right half of it blue and the other half to remain black. 

wolf-tattoos-clipart-transparent-background-82917-7583421.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using selection tools, Select the area you need to change color regardless the background selected or not.
Choose the color you need in the Foreground Color.

Press Alt+Shift+Backspace
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thanks!  I knew there had to be an easy way to do it.

Lisa Z

[Personal Data removed by moderator ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blue copy.png

1. Change Image Mode from Grayscale to RGB

2. Click on the Transparent Lock (to the right of the word Lock:) at the top of the Layers panel

3. Use the Rectangular Marquee tool to create marching ants to frame the right half of the illustration.

(Move the frame if necessary using the keyboard arrow keys)

4. Edit > Fill with blue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be missing some steps.

I can get to step 4, but when I go to Edit>Fill  How do I choose the blue color I have in my library?  This is what pops up.  I must need to change something because I select OK and it stays black.

Lisa Z

[Personal data removed by moderator - please do not put phone number details in this public forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

1. Convert your image to RGB colour mode (Image >Mode)

2. Add a colour fill layer set to blue (Layer >New Fill Layer)

3. In the layers panel Alt +Click on the border between the color fill layer and the wolf layer so that it clips to the wolf layer (a small down arrow appears)

4. Draw a rectangular selection around the half you want black and click on teh mask for the colour fill layer. Then Edit>Fill the rectangle with black.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but I could not seem to get this to work with your instructions, however, Omar’s answer seemed to work for me.

Thank you for your quick response, though.

Lisa Z

[Personal Data removed by moderator - please do not include telephone numbers in this public forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the easiest method is using FX > Color Overlay option in Layers panel

Just select your layer and choose fx> Color Overlay and set your destination color -. This way you can easily adjust color using double click on effect name in Layers panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that would apply to the entire layer not half of it.

Lisa - if you have found a way that works for you - then great, use it.

The advantage of the colour fill and mask method is that it is easy to readjust the colour - or the area affected by the colour at a later point. It is non - destructive in that your original layer is untouched.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Layers Styles are a good option.  After converting the Image mode from Grayscale to RGB, you could apply a Gradient overlay such as this. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines