Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing framed mirror from rectangle to oval

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am mastering Photoshop for the past few years and I know a lot, but today I stuck and do not know how to approach the problem I have with one photo. I have attached it for your reference. Besically I need to turn the mirror on this photo into oval. It would be fairly easy if there was no frame, but sadly there is, any advice what would be the easiest way to recreate/modify this mirror without loosing too much details? Many thanks for all the help!

17_copy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

You need to fill in the wall and hide the rectangular mirror.  Then make a new oval mirror

This is the mirror Smart Object.  The red rectangle is a trick/tip to help you distort the mirror to fit the perspective, by lining the rectangle sides with the wall and table.  When done open the Smart Object and turn off the red rectangle.

It is 1am here, so if you need more help, I am sure Dave or someone else will step in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to fill in the wall and hide the rectangular mirror.  Then make a new oval mirror

This is the mirror Smart Object.  The red rectangle is a trick/tip to help you distort the mirror to fit the perspective, by lining the rectangle sides with the wall and table.  When done open the Smart Object and turn off the red rectangle.

It is 1am here, so if you need more help, I am sure Dave or someone else will step in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Trevor, that's very helpful, especially the trick with the perspective rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines