• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing visibility of layers close to each other toggles off the wrong layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fast workflow, and every time I toggle a layer off and immediately toggle on the one next to it, it just toggles on the layer I just toggled off. Try turning the visibility on and off of layers next to each other and you'll understand what i mean. It gets super frustrating.

My Photoshop version is 23.5.2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning the visibility on and off of layers next to each other and you'll understand what i mean.

By @Landroid

I turn visibility on and off all the time and have since PS3.0. It's never been an issue here. I have several thoughts for you:

• If you made your cursor larger in the OS, return it to normal size
  • The tip of the cursor is the part that is active — try to position the tip and not the center of the cursor on the eye icon
  • Right-click the blank area at the bottom of the Layers panel and select a larger size
  • If you are changing the visibility of multiple layers, drag across the eyeballs instead of click on each
  • To keep one layer visible and hide the rest, Alt+Click the eyeball for the one. Alt-click again to bring the others back.

Let us know if one or more of these solves it for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This reminded me of a topic where scripts were created to toggle the visibility of the previous or next layer to the current layer, without changing the currently selected layer. Once installed, the scripts can have a custom keyboard shortcut applied for easy access:

It is possible to modify these scripts to automatically turn off the visibility of the current layer and select the previous or next layers or to toggle their visibility etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines