• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click on layer and Wacom pen stays stuck in click position

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maxed out Macbook Pro (late 2013), Mac OS X 10.11.6, Wacom Cintiq 27 with 6.3.15-3 (the driver that doesn't have the Option (alt) stuck problem like the most recent ones. Photoshop 2017. It also happens with 2015.5 and 2014.

When a click a layer to move it, it randomly stays in stuck position even thought I have released the pen from it. I have to reclick the pen on the screen to unrelease the layer.

I have to tell you folks. Keeping a flawless workflow between Adobe, Wacom and Apple is a total nightmare. You have to find the perfect combinaison of legacy softwares to limit de damages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VincentMorin,

Have you tried rolling back the drivers of your Wacom Cintiq 27?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I tried all Wacom legacy drivers for Cintiq 27 with no luck...

WacomTablet_6.3.16-12 and up are useless because of the option (alt) key staying stuck problem.

WacomTablet_6.3.15-3 and down have the pen sticking problem.

I tried different pens which have the same problem so it doesn't seem to be a broken hardware thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try installing all the Mac OS updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course!

The 2 questions you brought so far were all answered in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering similar issues with my Intuos Pro on Macbook Pro Late 2013 macOS 10.12.1

The Cmd, Shift, Alt, Space are RANDOMLY triggered and pressed when using the tablet. I constantly have to press the Space bar to somehow ‘reset’ the behavior. I am doing this every minute, every day since Sierra is out.

I already tried 10 clean reinstall of previous / new Wacom drivers. Reset SMC, PRAM, repair disk permissions etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the last driver from Wacom : 6.3.18-4 which is supposed to resolved the sticky keys and double click issues.

Even after a clean reinstall, the issues are still there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me either!

6.3.15-3 Is the one that has the least problems so far. Still have the sticky pen problem though... Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the sticking modifier key trouble. It looks like from what I can tell, the Wacom driver v. 6.3.15-3 is giving the least amount of troubles. Others are discussing this here - Problem with "Sticky" Modifier keys?

It may not hurt to contact Wacom about this.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in contact with Wacom and Apple since months on this issue, we are several people to experience it at the office.

Nothing can fix it except starting from scratch with a new user account, this is not a solution or a fix, just a bad workaround that Wacom advised us.

I just tried the link you sent, by using the old 6.3.15-3 driver + removing all the Panels in the On-Screen Controls, but it is making the behavior worse, with some new undetected clicks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Wacom several times... They don't seem eager to resolve the problem. At least you guys have a forum where we can exchange and flag problems. Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

I've been able to contact Wacom, and they're working on it.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete! When Adobe calls in, they probably take the matter more seriously. Kudos for stepping in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...so outrageous that this stuff isn't tested properly before rolling out new OS's. Can't find a fix either. NEVER had this problem with my PCs.

If you found a solution, pls fwd to (Personal contact information removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here!

I even replaced the apple keyboard, thought option key might be worn off 😞

Sierra (10.12.1), iMac 27" late 2012

Wacom PTK-640

Product ID: 0x00b9

Vendor ID: 0x056a  (WACOM Co., Ltd.)

Version: 1.04

This totally kills the Photoshop editing workflow (try cloning or similar activity where quick option-pen click combination is needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Apple, Wacom and Adobe throwing the ball at each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my experience:

Option Key constantly staying on.

Wacom Driver 6.3.18-4

I've turned off all touch functions on the tablet, including application-specific touch functions for Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I just installed the latest driver released by Wacom: 6.3.19-6.

DON'T INSTALL!

The modifier key (alt-option) does not work anymore! Even if you hold it pressed down (when zooming or de-zooming for example). It will not register and keep zooming in.

I have not tested enough to see if they manage to fix the pen stuck problem but this new modifier key problem makes the driver completely useless.

Awesome update! Great job Wacom!

Rolling back to 6.3.15-3 with the pen stuck problem.

As a side note, the pen getting stuck problem only happens under Adobe Photoshop... Doesn't happen anywhere else in the OS X applications.

Maybe Adobe should look into it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get resolved? I seem to have an easy enough time with a wacom art  pen, but when I use the creative grip pen, the program can't handle it. Just curious if anyone figured this out.

Thanks,

Stevey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now running latest Mac OS, latest Wacom driver and latest Photoshop. This bug is gone. New bug is: When zooming, image automatically re-centers even if the feature is OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here I'm on the latest PS 21.1.3 and latest cintiq driver, running on OSX Mojave. Any work arounds for this? PS software is having some serius issues comuicationg with the Wacom driver (all of legacy drivers I tried have the same behaviour). I've noticed the behavior getting worst with every update of the reciprical softwares. I'm also getting a weird behaviour with the brushes losing sensitivity compleately. I think they must be related issues. Both behaviour have been happeing for a long while (years) and through multiple updates. It would be resonalbe to have a permanent fix or at least to know an effective work arround. Any solution would be welcome as this is not just frustrating but it's also affecting productivity. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems. It's really frustrating to see this has been happening to people for years with no answer. Adobe programs, Apple computers and Wacom tablets should work together smoothly. This ruins workflow for professionals who depend on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having the same issue 8 years later.... any fix for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines