• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp, Healing Brush Sticking

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have this strange issue? When using the Clone Stamp or Healing Brush tools, I always press the Option key to sample an area, then release the Option key before I actually Stamp or Heal in the proper area. I have done exactly this for years. A couple of years ago I noticed that the sampling crosshairs often do not employ when I actually press the Option key. I often must press the Option key multiple times for it to actually give me the sample crosshairs. The opposite happens also - often the sample crosshairs do not actually release until I press the Option key a second or third time. My keyboard is not sticky with food or drink items, but that is what it actually mimics. In fact, this happens on three separate clean keyboards. It also happens across multiple Mac Operating Systems and Photoshop updates, whether using a stylus or a mouse. Extremely frustrating. Any solutions?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When you take a sample by pressing down the Option Key and clicking on an area, you can let go of the Option key after that. Please try this method.

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Yes, I do release the Option key after that. It just sometimes has the odd effect that mimics the Option key getting stuck either up or down, even on multiple keyboards, including a new one. Strange acting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines