Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp is gone?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have used photoshop for years, and the clone stamp is a big part of what I do. For some reason, the clone stamp is gone and Clone Source is confusing and does not work like clone stamp. Am I missing something?

I am using Photoshop CC 2017.1.0

I would be so grateful for any input.

EDIT:

I found it!!!!

I had to click the ... on the tool bar and it showed up!

WooHoo!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for letting us know how you did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is it? I can't find dodge, clone, burn. I am clicking away and it is not showing up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Thanks for telling me where it went.

Is it me or is it Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to have the Tool Bar where the clone tool and select tools are located be shown in the previous version? I  spend so much time searching for something that I've used in PS for over 15 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right? I'm using version 2017.1.1 both on a PC and on a Mac and the clone tool is there on Photoshop for Mac under the brush tool icon (also the History Brush tool, Blur and Burn tools) but they don't show up on my PC! WHY ADOBE? WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see! You have to click and hold on the 3 dots icon "..." then click "Edit Toolbar..." to customize it.

I spent a good 10 min comparing the tools arrangement from my MAC to my PC to sort them. And all I wanted was to do a quick cloning and searching for this online took me longer. It makes no sense that ADOBE decided to ungroup the tools and the user had to manually put them back together!

The worst part is that the shortcuts to call those tools didn't work when they were hidden inside the "..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ANSWER TO MISSING TOOLS TOOL BAR, DEPENDING ON YOUR ADOBE PHOTOSHOP VERSION.

On Elements 2019, at the center near the top, there are choices as to whether you want QUICK, GUIDED, EXPERT. I'm no expert, but I use some of those tools and the disappeared one day. 

I finally realized the setting had changed to quick.

***I clicked on EXPERT and ALL the tools where there, again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines